Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-R's

• 25-05-2004 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anyone tell what is the best type of CD-R ya can buy because most of the ones of tried allways start skipping on the cd player after a while?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've always found Verbatim Datalife Plus (SuperAZO) discs very reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ellesmere

Are you sure it's not your drive? if not you can pick up some Philips cdr's from power city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

Are you sure it's not your drive?

Like i got these cd's that have a dark blue coloured side where the info is burnt onto and they've worked great, never skip.I bought sony's ones and they just skip straight away on my old cd player(it's about 12 yr old)--Would that be the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

could be your stereo. my aunt has a really old stereo in her house and i copied a cd for her and it plays but with jumps and skips etc. it plays fine on my stereo. i think its the encoding or something that older stereo's cant read. personally i use TDK disks. they are dear, i know, but i have never had a problem (except with old stereo's:D ) they cost just under €2 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

Ok Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement