Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless surround speaker - help needed

Options
  • 25-05-2004 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi,

I just bought a Pioneer DCS-515 surround sound system. It utilises a single "wireless" surround speaker, which is supposed to bounce a 'diffuse' sound off the walls and ceiling and create a full surround experience.

I haven't been able to get it to perform all that well. It is great when you sit directly in front of it, but if you sit to the side the sound seems to come from the single speaker in the middle of the room rather than from the walls as it should.

Maybe it's just positioning of the speaker or furniture is the problem... do I need to box it in with a sofa? or leave it as much space as possible to spread its sound?

Has anyone else set one of these up? Any tips?

It does have the sockets for two surround speakers for me to fall back on, but I'd rather get this single speaker working if at all possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement