Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about slow BB speeds

• 26-05-2004 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Ive been having problems over the last week or so with the speed of opening webpages on my IBB Breeze Home connection. FTP & downloads using download manager are reasonably ok but webpages are taking 2mins+ to load.

Now, before i ring support is this problem indicitative of anything in particular - DNS servers or someting ? (dont flame just a uneduacted guess).

Ive attached a tracert to boards.ie which may help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Those pings a way to high,

ping.JPG

You have some serious issues, I think its time to call :dunno:

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by mag
    Ive been having problems over the last week or so with the speed of opening webpages on my IBB Breeze Home connection. FTP & downloads using download manager are reasonably ok but webpages are taking 2mins+ to load.

Now, before i ring support is this problem indicitative of anything in particular - DNS servers or someting ? (dont flame just a uneduacted guess).
    Not a DNS problem. At a guess, your tracert indicates that you're not getting a clean signal from IBB. Either there's interference (someone got a new wireless LAN) or your antenna isn't aligned properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Not a DNS problem. At a guess, your tracert indicates that you're not getting a clean signal from IBB. Either there's interference (someone got a new wireless LAN) or your antenna isn't aligned properly.

I need to try new 3.5Ghz upgrade by the looks of it then.

Advertisement