Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Flash drive and XP

Options
  • 26-05-2004 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just purchased a USB flash drive and I have connected it to a work XP P.C and transfered some file's. When I connected the flash drive to my home XP P.C there was nothing stored on the flash drive.

So tried the setup with a W2k P.C and all transfer's work fine with my home P.C.

The work P.C show's a Local disk (E:) but show's no removable device like the W2K P.C. does. ( another question, what is a local disk, can't say I've seen it before?).

Any idea's as to what is the problem, I'm not seeing the flash drive on XP explorer.

Thank's in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Both PCs using same file system?

Also doesnt W2k have issues with USB if not up to a certain service pack?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

MAke sure you have all the latest WindowsXP updates. Theres one non critical relating to USB devices I think.

Advertisement