Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saw a Humvee yesterday in Liffey Valley!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

"I pity the fool who don't like mah bling-bling chromed 8-spokes"

God, that's a bit OTT that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Yep. thats it alright. Quite the tank. What is the other one in Dublin like. The one owned by the Treasury building guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by DukeDredd
    Yip theres one around Cork also - i think it's a 95-C reg. Huge bloody things in the flesh. Don't know how he manages to drive it around our narrow streets - it looks wider than a truck!

It's not that big. It seems smaller each time you see it tbh. There's a tit in Cobh who has a massive SangYong whocareswhat that's even bigger. God it's a hideous yoke. What kinda muppet buys one of those for the streets of Cobh. I think the guy who has the Hummer in Cork lives in Ballincollig which is bad enough. I wonder if it's the same guy who has the white Stingray Corvette in the same area.
    Originally posted by Kersh
    And if that makes you sick...he has a Modena and an X5 too.

Is he gay? I'm not, but you wouldn't know what I'd do to drive that Modena. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    I think the guy who has the Hummer in Cork lives in Ballincollig which is bad enough.
    I'm fairly sure that guy lives around the corner from me on the Carrigaline road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I think the one in the pic is the H2, the "civilian" model (I've read about them in mags before but I have no interest in such vehicles). There was a woman in the south Dublin area a few years back with the full-on Humvee, dunno if it's still around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    I think the guy who has the Hummer in Cork lives in Ballincollig which is bad enough. I wonder if it's the same guy who has the white Stingray Corvette in the same area.

there is a black hummer here in ballincollig. huge beast of a thing. tis the full on mid 90's one not the new H2. he's actuallly sound out on the road and leaves everyone out at junctions etc. iirc top speed on them ones is 112kph(was watching a thing on 4x4's on the telly the other day. dunno if it's the same guy who owns the stingray. i'll ask him next time i see him around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ah the hummer in Cork. It looks incredibley out of place on the streets. Quite a funny sight seeing it go up Sydney Hill, struggles to dodge the traffic when he is dropping his kid off at my school. Ya know he just drives up there though to show off the beast like. He has stopped now that the roundabout is in place in the school grounds and Golfs even have trouble navigating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

hummer.jpg

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Not so nice:

normal_hummer.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

When I first saw it I thought "jaysus, another bloody poser with the weekend toy", but now I see he's using it as a daily driver I say fair fecks to him. That shows commitment. :) It's like the (opposite of the) twits that go around in convertibles with the roof up on days like we've been having up until today. That drives me utterly spare.

Hate the H2 btw. The originals had balls, and you needed balls to drive one. The H2 is just an overgrown hairdressers car.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by dahamsta
    That shows commitment.
    and an un-naturally bulging wallet too I would imagine.

Advertisement