Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

one careful owner and funny ads

Options
  • 26-05-2004 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Toyota Starlet GT Turbo '94. Mint cond, only 2 owners from new, all extras, full stainless exhaust kit, speed fines force sale, pure weapon , Price: €2,150 _ Contact: 087.

Toyota Starlet GT Turbo '90. Van on log book , full body kit, resprayed blue with flakes, sound system, too many extras to list, Price: €5,500 _ Contact: 086-.

I love this sort of ads, once seen ad for micra which went something like this:

one careful owner. tinted windows, air filter, car will do 110MPH without problems.

:D Boy racers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

might be an idea to remove those phone numbers

Pure Weapon bai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Gmodified
    .... speed fines force sale.....car will do 110MPH without problems.

I think that tells its own story! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

might be an idea to remove those phone numbers

widely accessible in buy &sell but as you wish:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im forced to sell my 1989 E30 320i and have an ad in buy and sell. I regret placing it there now as by now almost every caller has asked me "is it fast?".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by kbannon
    Im forced to sell my 1989 E30 320i and have an ad in buy and sell. I regret placing it there now as by now almost every caller has asked me "is it fast?".
    Yeah, but is it? :)

Some guy on CruiseIRL is selling his E30 at the moment, an '88 320i with 325i running gear. I asked how much he was looking for, and he PM'd asking for €5250. Honest to god, I damn near wet myself laughing.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I saw this in a paper when I was over in the states, 99 ford mustang all the usual extras a/c,p/s,e/w, 1 carefull owner the other 6 didn't give a damn.

makes you wonder anout the carefull owner huh....

Regards,

Darragh

Some weapon....... I WONDER WOULD IT BEAT MY 135BHP XSARA TURBO DIESEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

Used Car - Read First - then look at photo!!!!

The following is an actual advertisement in an Irish Newspaper..!

1985 Blue Volkswagen Golf
    Only 15 km
    Only first gear and reverse used
    Never driven hard
    Original tires
    Original brakes
    Original fuel and oil
    Only 1 driver
    Owner wishing to sell due to employment lay-off

Photo Attached

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by dogz
    Used Car - Read First - then look at photo!!!!

The following is an actual advertisement in an Irish Newspaper..!

1985 Blue Volkswagen Golf
    Only 15 km
    Only first gear and reverse used
    Never driven hard
    Original tires
    Original brakes
    Original fuel and oil
    Only 1 driver
    Owner wishing to sell due to employment lay-off

Photo Attached

He drove 15km in first gear? Must have thought it was an automatic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

It could do, I think they are around 133bhp as standard
    Originally posted by Omeara_darragh
    I saw this in a paper when I was over in the states, 99 ford mustang all the usual extras a/c,p/s,e/w, 1 carefull owner the other 6 didn't give a damn.

makes you wonder anout the carefull owner huh....

Regards,

Darragh

Some weapon....... I WONDER WOULD IT BEAT MY 135BHP XSARA TURBO DIESEL

How come you're forced to sell? Surely it's not worth much so it isn't to bad hanging on to the ole banger?
    Originally posted by kbannon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

oops sorry forgot the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by dogz
    oops sorry forgot the picture

:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by leonotron
    How come you're forced to sell? Surely it's not worth much so it isn't to bad hanging on to the ole banger?
    Ive been offered 3 1/3k for it but your man was a complete feckwit so Im not letting him have it!
    I have no room for it and it is sitting outside house and will only get wrecked from rust and local kids if not garaged.

3500 isnt bad I guess, I'd have thought it was only worth half that. Have you any pictures? What colour is is? Leather interior?

3.5k is great but a)he was a complete tosser and I know he either would have put all kinds of crap on it or else he would have killed himself and b) Im not after the money as much as I would prefer a good home (preferably my own!).
    No leather (unless you count the gearstick!)!
    pics:-
    http://www.kbannon.com/uploads/uploads/320i.jpg
    http://myhome.iolfree.ie/%7Etemplates/bmwccgb/mullingar/athlone_210204_14.jpg
    http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Ebannondsl/bmwccgb/mondello04_1/DSC03614-1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Ive been offered 3 1/3k

you should take his arm off with this 3 1/3k for 89 BMW

you are both on tablets or something:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

she's a lovely car and looks in great nick..

What mileage is on her?

Tox

@ Gmodified - as I said "I would prefer a good home" and he was not going to be one! If he was willing to pay 3.5K, other people will too. Im in no particular hurry to sell!
    @ ToxicPaddy - 165K but engine was recently dyno tested and although she [badly] needed a service it still gave out 128bhp which is only 1 less than factory. Not bad for an unmodified 15 year old car! The best thing about it was the fact that it was great off at the lights. Plenty of torque there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I remember one ad doing the email rounds from Auto Trader...it was a Toyota Supra and it read something like "genuine reason for sale - girlfriend forgot to take pill - gutted":D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon, either you love it and keep it (don't tax and insure it and keep it off the road and use it on track days etc or store until classic) or sell it

€3.5k is a great offer, you won't get that again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement