Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.insideiedr.com - Unofficial IEDR website.

Options
  • 26-05-2004 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    More intriguing advice about getting it absolutely right! Seemingly I shot off two indifferent comments this morning disclaiming anything to do with what looks like a highly topical and insightful, but irreverent, IEDR website - www.insideiedr.com. It's been suggested to me by my well-intentioned team, in the interests of openness and transparency, that I stress that I was specifically referring to this active URL of www.insideiedr.com (the one doing the IEDR warts-and-all piece) rather than the non-existent www.insideiedr.ie to which I erroneously made a reference. Hope that's clear to anyone with the slightest interest? It's also been suggested that in the interests of absolute clarity that I (attempt) to post this clarification to a new thread to avoid possible accusations of burying stuff. Anyone agree that political correctness and Ireland's laws on imagined defamation have made it a bland boring world? If I didn't know better I'd think my team had formed the opinion the IEDR was perhaps big into litigation!
    Anyhow, thanks again to Boards.ie for indulging me with this final clarification and to confirm my respect for its highly sensible and proper Forum Rules.
    Regards,
    Mike Fagan
    Former (I've now got a life) IEDR CEO.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Mike Fagan
    Anyone agree that political correctness and Ireland's laws on imagined defamation have made it a bland boring world?

This from the man who threatened to sue me for referring to him as "the bouncer on the door of the IE Domain"...

Watching this slow motion car-crash between the various parties is like watching George Bush fist-fighting with Ian Paisley, you have to watch but you're hoping for some kind of mutant simulataneous knockout, possibly with brain damage all round.

I find myself entertained at least.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Utter Hogwash

I took the brilliant investigative step of checking the court listings on www.courts.ie .

Yes, I.E. Domain Registry is listed in a case today:
    Judge's Motions
    Before Judge Doyle
    At 10.00 am
    Court 26, Chancery Place, Four Courts,
    Dublin 7
    19 2003/06514 I.T Domain Limited - V - I.E Domain Registry Limited

Unless AIB Finance and Leasing trade as " I.T Domain Limited", I think we can assume that www.insideiedr.com has one or two inaccuracies on it.

I couldn't find mention of any of the other cases referenced on the site either.

Hmmm.

Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

hehe

every body wants to be like mike....................

i love this... :D

Former CEO (i can see the business cards now)

hang in there mike. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Was he in the beatles as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

were you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Conjures up images of US courtcases ..............

Advertisement