Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Leeds Manager Confirmed

• 26-05-2004 10:38am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kevin Blackwell has been apointed on a two year contract.

Dunno bout that i reckon we should have held out for strachan or dowie but suppose he is good enough and experienced. What do you think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Doubt they could afford to go breaking contracts and trying to attract the likes of strachan back in to football....if he is looking to relieve his stress i dont think a debt riddled club would be ideal......It was always expected that Blackwell would be next in charge, Gray couldnt have stayed anyway could he?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah gray could have stayed as you dont need the same coaching badges in the first division as you do in the premiership the club just felt it was time for him to go.

Yeah suppose your right with the buying out contracts but strachan wasnt contracted and i wonder just how much effort the club made to appoint him. Anyway good look to kevin Blackwell he was one of my first choices

Probably wanted to appoint someone who knows the young players at the club too, he would know the strength of the squad and he recognises who the must sell and who he can try to hold on to in order to compete next season....there will be a load of players leaving obviously, id say blackwell will know if he has young players who are capable of coming in at a first divison level and playing well enough etc.

plus i think the delay was just to get the approval of another member of the board who missed the original meeting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ah be queit and lets go fail this exam

Quick ban him for going off topic, in order to keep this post on topic I would like to add to my previous post that I wish kevin all the best and hope leeds dont slide down the table and go non league.

• Advertisement

haha thats harsh.fair enough i suppose kevin will know all of the young players kinda of like david o leary did when he took over and leeds do have quite a few talented youngsters. Hw will know who he can sell nut i have heard rumours that leeds want to sign about 14 new players this season so blackwell will be busy both selling and buying.

It remains to be seen if he can wheel and deal in the market to get players of the right quality in. I just hope they dont go for mcateer and babb!!

Anyway back to the study and dont ban me!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously I would have preferred to see Gordon Strachan get the job, but I don't think he'd be too interested in it at the moment. Of the other names mentioned, the one I would most like to have seen get it was Paul Jewell. He has experience in getting teams out of division 1 and operating on a tight budget. I have great reservation as to whether Blackwell has the credentials for the job, but it's a sign of they way things have gone at Elland Road that we have to appoint managers who are relatively cheap. Having said all that, maybe he can do great things so good luck to him in the job, I reckon he'll need it.

Advertisement