Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about comments being moved to recycle bin from muslim thread on lgb issues

Options
  • 26-05-2004 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

If you don't mind me saying so, isn't deleting previous posts, even if there were not in the best taste, a bit like 1984 where people changed the contents of old newspapers etc to suit what the current state wanted people to hear?

Please leave the posts and let people make up there own minds.
    Having a diverse view and expressing it is not inflammatory, its the essence of democracy.

Am I banned for saying that?

I have since been informed that the boards are not a democracy and that moderators may do virtually as they see fit. No comment.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you're complaining cos your camel comments were deleted?

*boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm surprised you're susprised they were removed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Walter Ego
    If you don't mind me saying so, isn't deleting previous posts, even if there were not in the best taste, a bit like 1984 where people changed the contents of old newspapers etc to suit what the current state wanted people to hear?
    Oh please. Don't try and act like that puerile joke was some sort of witty insightful piece. It was pointless and borederline inflammatory. You have, clearly, helped your cause by following up that with a repeated posting of "no comment", spamming the thread. Is it any wonder such profound postings got thrown to the recycle bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

.... camel love? I know not of this innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you don't mind me saying so, isn't deleting previous posts, even if there were not in the best taste, a bit like 1984 where people changed the contents of old newspapers etc to suit what the current state wanted people to hear? [/B]
    No, it's nothing like 1984. Go re-read it. And they haven't been deleted - dumb comments live in the Recycle Bin for ever more. So don't worry, your comments about loving your camel will still be on the Internet for your mammy to read. The bin is probably even google-indexed when the google-bot arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

trollsign.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It would have been better for you if they had all been deleted from what I read just now. How about you slink off there and shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

is that bubbles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

Now that I have been fairly well kicked from pillar to post by 6 or was it 7 mods I should feel suitable chastened.
    Oddly I don't. Now I'm curious.
    It seems to be such an over-reaction for one joke which I admitted was in poor taste.
    There seems to be no scope for individual viewpoints on the boards.
    Go with the crowd and everything will be ok.
    Don't stray from the mainstream for any reason.
    Above all resist the temptation to raise your eyes and behold our lords and masters.

I suppose now I'll be banned from boards.ie in total for ever.
    If so you won't be losing much but you will be losing a little diversity.

I'm sure with the push of a button all me previous posts can be removed, both the good and the bad, and it will be as if I never passed this way.

Now there's power to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I dont believe anyone has ever been banned from boards for complaining, the only person suggesting a ban on this thread is your goodself!... The usual reason for a ban boards is one of someone creating a nusiance of themselves either to other members or the mods or admins, in extreme cases all three:)

Feel free to consider yourself banned from boards.ie, its one of the few things the admins allow.

Im not familier with your thread, but when a number of long standing members of the community, (mods are members also, they post here as members not as moderators, they have not special powers in this place, they only have the power to ban you from their forums), post suggesting your complaint is unreasonable or unwarrented, then it probably is. Maybe you should reconsider your complaint, but its up to yourself.

When I get a chance later I will have a look at your recycled post.

V.

• Advertisement

Its ironic that all of this intolerance towards me and my individual way of expressing myself comes from the gay/lesbian/bisexual community, a part of our society that is always crying out for tolerance of its unique view on life, love and happiness.

It seems there was no tolerance left when it got to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think you're a twit too Walter, do I have to have sex with men now?

adam

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

From my reading you weren't even banned straight off ... You werer banned after repeatedly going on about your original comment (which you admit was in poor taste) being moved to the bin. And then you edited a load of your own comments for good measure.

Explain to me how this wasn't lenient?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Its ironic that all of this intolerance towards me and my individual way of expressing myself comes from the gay/lesbian/bisexual community, a part of our society that is always crying out for tolerance of its unique view on life, love and happiness.
    Don't even try and use that chestnut to justify yourself. Care to talk about your response of "no comment" repeatedly once your "joke" was snipped? Hmm? Is that a wonderful example of your "unique" nature? Wow, it's really great!
    All jokes do not have to be accepted - go and check the charter on the Humour board if you don't believe me (oh and this wasn't the Humour board). As a moderator it's our responsibility to try and ensure that the posters to our forum have the experience that they deserve. If your "joke" is going to cause a lot of irate replies, that actually divert a topic that's of relevance to the forum, then I think it's perfectly justified to snip it. If you had made a decent post at all, and if that post had been sent to the Recycle Bin, then your complaint might be worth listening to.
    Of course you know better than all us already it would seem, so we're all probably wasting our time in this thread, being unable to comprehend your amazing ability to be unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Awww poor Walter Ego.

martyr.jpg

Stop being such a martyr to the "cause".

Although I have been told the boards is not a democracy I am going to act as if it were.

The overwhelming opinion is that I should not be here.

So be it.

Please remove my account details from Boards.ie

Thanks. It wasn't all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

No the overwhelming opinion is that you shouldn't act like a dick.

Why does your account have to be deleted? Just leave if that's the way you feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ah get off the cross crash_000 needs to burn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....i'm thinking of putting "really, no matter what asshook there says, i'm not fucking racist!" in my sig. it'll save time. anyway i'm on to new and better things - such as mustard opression.

Advertisement