Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMC for N-Gage

Options
  • 26-05-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap 128 or 256MB MMC card that works in the N-gage. I'm stuck with 32 MB at the moment (the flo-boarding game that came with it) and want to put a few MP3s on it as well as some games and apps.

I know that once you go over the 128 MB limit that Nokia claims the N-gage can handle then you're into dodgy territory in terms of what cards will work and which ones won't.

However, does that mean I can source any old 128 MB card and just assume that it will work because it's within the stated limitations of the device?

And finally, does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a compatible MMC card would be? I've had a look at ebay.co.uk and while the prices are tempting, I'm always wary of dealing with sites like Ebay and would rather pay a little more for a bit more security.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

The o2 experience store on Grafton St have the 128mb cards. Think they were about 60-70 euro. Not too sure though.

Give them a call and they will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you could contact shop4memory.com with your query

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Originally posted by DubWireless
    you could contact shop4memory.com with your query

BrianG

Well their prices seem good and this note at the top of the page, clears things up:

Note: All MultiMedia cards listed here are fully compatible with the Nokia N-Gage

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

i would have to say that you should get it off of komplett.ie got mine there and no probs.. ya can get a 256mb one €65

Does that 256 MB one work ok in the N-gage or did you buy it for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

read on one n-gage forum about some dublin guy having the 256MB mmc from komplett and he said that it wouldnt work if he went over 128mbs or something like that. But then again someone else might have no problems with it. Theres some site called n-gage help i think, and they are have a list of compatible mmc's, and the 128mb mmc from komplett is on the uncompatible list while the 256 mb isnt. So i havent a clue myself about which one 2 get. I emailed www.7dayshop.com(cheapest i could find on the net) about there mmcs but they dont have a clue if there compatible with the n-gage. So shop4memory is probably the best place 2 go

Excellent...thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

www.shop4memory.com are very good. Ive ordered off them 3 times.

They have a couple of brands of 256mb cards. I got a 256mb MMC off them and they were even good enough to exchange it for a different model when it didnt function in my T610 MP3 Player

Ive recently gotten a 512mb MMC from them which luckily also fucntions in my MP3 Player! :)

Very helpful company, good prices and deliver very quickly.

Advertisement