Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Feast for Crows (Song of Ice & Fire S.) is out on the 31 of May.

Options
  • 26-05-2004 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ahhhhh lovely jubely.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Where's this been confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

The date is on amazon. Ive asked around a couple of book shops and they have confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

*dribbles*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

hee hee hee hee hee nrrrwibllly yipppeeeeeee!!!!!!!
    /faint

Just checked in easons in dun laoghaire today and they confirmed it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

any of you ever play the board game of the books ?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble but there's nothing about this on his website, http://www.georgerrmartin.com/nextbook.html

Now I know that page about Feast Of Crows is dated January but he does say:
    So if you visit this website, and this notice is still in place, it means I'm still writing. Various websites and bookshops have announced various publication dates, but until the book is actually finished and delivered, they are all pure guesswork.

Also there's nothing on his publisher's site. Amazon.co.uk give publication date as 31st May but amazon.com give it as 3rd August

Couldn't find anything on fan sites either

Reckon we'll be waiting a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    any of you ever play the board game of the books ?

Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get this? Wouldnt mind taking a look.

Well I'll pop in on Monday and I hope to find out then :)

Originally posted by ConUladh
    Don't want to burst anyone's bubble

POP

• Advertisement

There may be popping indeed. I had a looksie on the web and came across the Song of Ice and Fire message board. There was a message posted, from Monday, from someone claiming they saw the manuscript, almost done, a few weeks ago in George R.R. Martin's house. There's no way it could be published by now if the script was around a few weeks ago. I hope they're wrong but I'm beginning to doubt this date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its a pretty good game, but really needs the full five people playing to get teh most out of it. Plus the expansion is coming out in june.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Originally posted by Carpo
    Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get this? Wouldnt mind taking a look.

My local gaming shop has it (Other Realms, Cork), where are you from? Do you know you're local gaming shop?

The board game is very good, you don't need to have read the books to play, but it's alot more fun if you have. Simple enough system, and no table and such for newbies to board games to be scared of.

It's no Axis and Allies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I've seen Amazon and Easons say that Janny Wurts latest book was to be out last January. It wasnt. Amazon later changed to March and now its June (I think). Easons agreed about March aswell, but I havent been in there since. I think Easons just check what Amazon says for release dates. So I wouldnt trust either.

Originally posted by hostyle
    I've seen Amazon and Easons say that Janny Wurts latest book was to be out last January. It wasnt. Amazon later changed to March and now its June (I think).
    Nope it's December now :( Says who? Janny Wurts on her website here. The book was "Stormed Fortess" has now become two books: Traitor's Knot (Dec. 2004) and "Stormed Fortress" (unknown). She has a detailed explanation for the split on her site.
    For those of you keeping tabs then, the War of Light and Shadow will now have have had five books in the third arc of the series. Arc 1 had 1 book, Arc 2 became two books. That's eight for the three arcs, with a planned total of five arcs. Man another long series - although she says she still has a planned end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by ixoy
    For those of you keeping tabs then, the War of Light and Shadow will now have have had five books in the third arc of the series. Arc 1 had 1 book, Arc 2 became two books. That's eight for the three arcs, with a planned total of five arcs. Man another long series - although she says she still has a planned end.

Oh good grief! Whens that crappy series gonna end so she can go back to writing some good ones? Whole wars of light and shadow has been the same plotretreaded again and again. (ie misunderstood shadow bloke runs away...again, lysander...goes bonkers..again, their lovers/friends betray them...again)
    Her editor should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Squirrel, I wouldn't rule out anything that Wurts has to write out of hand. She's capable of some amazing writing, and can spin a plotline with the best (well, bar erikson).

Save your judgement for when the book finally comes out, and with a bit of luck it'll show she's not turning into a Jordan-ite ;)

so i take it that A Feast For Crows isnt avaliable to buy at all today?:(

Originally posted by Scruff
    so i take it that A Feast For Crows isnt avaliable to buy at all today?:(
    Have you checked in the shops? Chapters also had it listed for release today but I dunno, I feel they're being told porkies :(

nope, no book shops round where i work., but amazon.co.uk say
    Hardcover - May 31, 2004
    Not yet published
    nuts.

• Advertisement

Well George R.R. Martin just announced about a short story that's been published and mentioned that A Feast For Crows still isn't ready. He posted that yesterday so it looks like we're kept waiting. Projected dates include August 2004, April 2005, and August 2005 :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think I'm going to cry. :(

hmmm does anyone else get the feeeling that it might get split into more than one part like the last book did?

Originally posted by secret_squirrel
    hmmm does anyone else get the feeeling that it might get split into more than one part like the last book did?
    Last book was only split in two for the normal paperback editions. The trade paperback edition was one book - I know, as I have it.

Originally posted by ixoy
    The trade paperback edition was one book - I know, as I have it.

Did you get a free pack mule with it? :D

Advertisement