Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carol Nash now doing full car insurance in Ireland?

Options
  • 26-05-2004 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Just popped off from another thread. Carol Nah seem to have updated their site and say the now do normal car insurance (instead of just classic).
    http://www.carolenash.com/eire.shtml

I've no idea what their rates are like, or what their policies are, but judging by the superiority of their bike insurance products over Hibernians, I'd highly recommend giving them a look in.

Anyone fancy giving them a ring?
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Rang them....

They dont quote for under 25's

Useless!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

They won't quote you on a bike either unless you're at least 24, and then they'll only give you TPO. To get fully comp on a bike you have to be 25 and/or 1 years NCB. I assume they're doing something similar with their car insurance. This is old news though, they've been doing it since much earlier in the year.

Unfortunately from what I've heard their car insurance quotes aren't all that competitive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I am a bike customer with them and they asked ifI wanted a quote for the car as well, so I said sure, and howled with laughter when they wanted 3,100 third party only on a BMW 316..

They are using Royal Sun Alliance as underwriters, so I presume the quotes will be similar to what you'll get off them..

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by [CrimsonGhost]
    They won't quote you on a bike either unless you're at least 24, and then they'll only give you TPO. To get fully comp on a bike you have to be 25 and/or 1 years NCB. I assume they're doing something similar with their car insurance. This is old news though, they've been doing it since much earlier in the year.
    Actually, they seem to do 22 and over, as long you have 2 years NCB. I'm insured with them anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Originally posted by seamus
    Actually, they seem to do 22 and over, as long you have 2 years NCB. I'm insured with them anyway :)

Fair nuff so, I stand corrected. I wonder how much of a saving you can get with them for both car and bike together. I don't drive a car so I won't be asking them for a quote, but curious anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

What happened the Equal Status Act? they can no longer refuse to quote based on age....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

if you give them that line, they'll quote you 10k or something unrealistic :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by ando
    if you give them that line, they'll quote you 10k or something unrealistic :dunno:

If they gave me that line I would just ask for a transcript of the call and forward it on to the relavent body. Any way I'm happy out with Allianz for the now as they where 400 cheaper than Axa and 700 cheaper than Quinn.

Advertisement