Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N-gage QD

Options
  • 26-05-2004 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

according to this nokia are planning to market this at the price of 49euros.

here's the article if anyone can't get to it
    CHEAPER N-GAGE QDS ROLL OUT

Nokia signals opening shot in handheld war

11:46 Nokia has begun shipping the N-gage QD, the new version of its game phone and the surprising news is, it's going to sell for a lot less than the Finnish giant originally projected.

Nokia has began rolling out the N-Gage QD to Europe, Africa and the Asian Pacific today and with subsidies in place, the N-Gage QD can now be bought for as little as 49 Euros, substantially under the 199 Euro price point which was announced back in April.

With certain packages and subsidies Nokia is even predicting that the QD won't cost you a cent, although the full unsubsidised price remains at 199 Euros.

Such a low price point is quite a coup for Nokia as it attempts to re-launch its N-Gage line with the enhanced QD model, which addresses many of the criticisms levelled at the original N-Gage design.

With the phone costing UK consumers just a shade under 33 quid, the QD starts to look a pretty decent buy and it's an aggressive opening gambit, as Nokia attempts to vie with Nintendo and Sony for the future of the handheld gaming market.

John Houlihan

now i know the QD doesn't have as many features as the orignal ngage but for 49 euros you can't really complain about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That 49 is probably with a full contract subsidy - ie you'll be tied in for at least a year.

What features is the QD missing that the original one had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i only know of one but there is no mp3 player on it as standard.

but i'm sure the wonderful people of the net can "fix this"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

A comparison of both models

http://www.n-gage.com/en-R1/gamedeck/

U can put an mp3 player program on your mmc card, so then its your n-gage qd with mp3 player( but i think the qd is only mono but i might be wrong). As far as games go, all games will be compatible with both models.

When will the n-gage qd be released over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

id say fairly soon. i believe nokia released it today or yesterday..

• Advertisement
Advertisement