Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese couple gets married

• 26-05-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

A Chinese couple gets married - and she's a virgin. Truth be told, he is none too experienced either. On the wedding night, she
    cowers naked under the bed sheets as her husband undresses.

He climbs in next to her and tries to be reassuring: "My darring" he
    says, "I know dis you fus time and you berry frighten. I plomise
    you, I give you anyting you wan, I do anyting jus anyting you
    wan, you say. Whatchou wan?" he says, trying to sound
    experienced, which he hopes will impress his virgin bride.

A thoughtful silence follows and he waits patiently (and eagerly) for
    her request. She eventually replies shyly and unsure, "I wan
    ...... Numba 69".

More thoughtful silence, this time from him. Eventually, in a puzzled
    tone he queries......... "You want... Beef wif Broccori?"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why would they be speaking in english?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Well then it wouldn't be a rasist joke about how Chinese people pronouce English would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Jesus, that's piss poor. It sounds like a joke that would be told by Jim Davison. Or even worse, that fat lump of lard Bernard Manning.

The type of joke that appeals to people who are so woefully insular that the extent of their understanding of chinese culture is chinese takeaways. They don't know anymore and don't want to. "You want flied lice?" Hiliarious.

Like Homer in the Simpsons, watching an Indian TV programme:
    "Lisa, of course it's funny. Their clothes are different to my clothes. He he he. " Except there, the joke IS Homer.

Free your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Jesus, that's piss poor. It sounds like a joke that would be told by Jim Davison. Or even worse, that fat lump of lard Bernard Manning.

how right you are!!

I must say how relieved i am. here was I thinking that society was finally accepting multi-culturalism, thank god theres still moronic racists in the world to piss everybody off and really bring us all down a notch.

go suck an exhaust pipe and take your 'jokes' with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

accepting multi-culturalism. bahhhhh. Never even be close till people stop focusing on it and have a ****in laugh at everyone, jesus christ, or unless every ****s everyone till we're all the same, ahhhhhh.

Joke is **** poor but not cos its "racist" just cos its ****, soz Kazu.

HE'S BLACKKKKKK! DID YOU SAY BLacKKKK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Of course its rasist Gideon, its making fun of the way Chinese people talk and how most of em over here work in takeaways. For the record tho I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'll laugh at an Irishman joke if its any good just as I chuckled to myself when duckjob wrote "You want fried lice". Doesn't mean I don't understand or appricate other cultures just that I have a sense of humour and I'm not a tight arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep. racist. but not meant in an insulting way. There is a line between humour and piss-take. Some people dont see that and over react.

Not a funny joke though. The response made me laugh though.

*edit* damn spelling is going to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's only a frickin joke.

Tell me a funny joke that doesn't poke fun or might offend someone in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Originally posted by Mordeth
    why would they be speaking in english?

Maybe they have moved to England or Ireland and in order to practise english and fit in they have agreed to speak it as much as possible.

a bit of imagination is a great thing you know... it's also pretty handy and helps a sense of humour when disbelief defies gravity for a while. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Jeeze it's a fecking joke. I thought it was funny. If it was some English dude getting the piss pulled out of him left-right-center, ye'd think it was brilliant, and there would be no talk of racism. - Well only out of Paddy20. (no offense Paddy20).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

its not funny for being racist. its just not a funny joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that's the kind of joke UnrealQueen would post. in bad taste and, well... crap.

i'm guilty of laughing at the 'Nissan Main Dealer' and 'Wheely Bin' jokes. the difference between those and this, is that they were mildly amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by tman
    that's the kind of joke UnrealQueen would post. in bad taste and, well... crap.

Excuse me, I have posted some damn brilliant jokes around here. Go get yourself a sense of humour tman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    Go get yourself a sense of humour tman.
    Go get yourself a troll detector 3K UnrealQueen:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Lighten up ffs. It's not malicious, it's a stereotypical pisstake, like so many jokes.

Paddy Englishman Paddy Irishman Paddy Scotsman type of lark. I actually thought it was mildy amusing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Strange thing about humour in general. There's always a fine line between whats funny and what's considered racist/offensive etc, Trouble is - everyones line is different. I would't go so far as to say the joke is racist, I thinks that's an over reaction. it's just didn't do anything for me. To me a joke like that says more about the narrowness of the world view of people who find it funny than anything else.

I didn't find the joke funny, but I think there's a lot to be said for not taking ourselves too seriously. One of my fav Fr Ted episodes of all time was the one with the chinese. The diffence there was the joke wasn't 'aren't chinese people funny because they're different to us', it was Ted getting himself into trouble with the local chinese community and with every attempt he made to bail himself out, he made the situation worse. All executed as usual, with sheer comic genius by Dermot Morgan and the rest of the Fr Ted gang. The scene that had Ted waving to the chinese through the window with the perfectly square piece of dirt on it was one of the most insanely funny things I've even seen.

my 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Iam not racist you hear racist jokes on the simpsons and southpark and people pay no attendsion and its nice to see some people on boards have common sence

Advertisement