Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts Package

Options
  • 26-05-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good (cheapest!) accounts package to run a business doing the following:

Computer Shop- Lots of cash sales, no credit
    Shop Sales on credit to business
    Repairs to computers/callouts to clients
    Capable of keeping a record of stock and not having to print an invoice for each customer, just a recepit will do.

I've had a small look at sage instant accounts but it seems a bit too heavy for what i want plus we have litereally thousands of products that prices change of monthly/get replaced monthly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Exactly the same topic was covered in a thread quite recently, I'm sure you could find it in the archive.

Lots of varying opinions, but I know we needed stock control etc and couldn't get it (or couldn't get a reasonably good stock control package anyway) on anything but the most expensive versions of what we were looking at. That coupled with the need for multi-currency led us to Sage Line 50 Financial Controller which cost a heap of cash but does what we want it to do.

If you really do have that quantity of component stock items and they really do change on a monthly basis as you suggest then no accounts package is going to remove the administrative burden of you managing this price information. Your only hope might be if you have a limited number of suppliers you might be able to pursuade them to provide you with an updated price list each month in some sort of fixed format, then with a bit of Excel jiggery pokery you might be able to merge this information in to a csv file that you can import into whatever package you choose...but I imagine that would be a long shot.

Advertisement