Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting an MP3 Player directly to car stereo

Options
  • 26-05-2004 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just bought a Creative Labs 30Gb MP3 player.

Purchased FM broadcaster (Belkin unit similar to iTrip etc)

Sound isn't great. The hiss from the FM transmitter is a touch annoying (I reckon it's caused by al the radio stations in Dublin interfereing with the channel I select).

Does anybody know how I could connect the Creative Labs MP3 player directly to my car stereo (Audi A4 concert stereo).
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

If your car stereo has a cd changer connection on the back you should be able to get a cable that will connect into the headphone port of your MP3 player to the CD changer port of your stereo. Have done it with my Blaupunkt stereo with no problem at all. The cable cost €6.

Unfortunatly my stereo was robbed twice since and havent had a chance to connect up my cable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Thanks for that. Will check out the rear of the stereo. Sorry to hear about your own misfortunes. Where do I get the lead for 6 notes if I have the necessary connections.
    Cheers

Advertisement