Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 month contract up soon - what next?

• 26-05-2004 6:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

So i went "live" with IOLBB on July 23rd 2003, a year is almost up. What happens after that?...do they automatically sign me for another 12 months?

If i choose can i leave after the year is up?, have they any right to automatically lock me in to another 12 months without my written permission?

Surely 12 months IOLBB have recouped all costs and now i should be leasing the line on a month to month basis...no?

So what is the position for BB users after the 12 month contract has expired?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

I presume after youve fulfilled that your gona stay with them for 12 months you can go for example over to ibb or eircon and just connect streight away ...

read your contract and see what it says

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Got off the phone with Esat, the contract is "rolling"...meaning you are signed to a further 12 months automatically, no written permission nesscary.

What they did say is that at any stage after the first 12 months, say 3 months into the second year, you can ring up and give 30 days notice, in writing also.

Thus you're free and no charges/fees will be liable, you can move to whomever you want.

I asked for this in writing from Esat, and a note also went on my account...so that's no too bad now, is it?

:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    I asked for this in writing from Esat, and a note also went on my account...so that's no too bad now, is it?

:)

I'd wait till you get a written note from esat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Yea, written reply from esat, thats a good joke, frame it if you get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by bmm
    Yea, written reply from esat, thats a good joke, frame it if you get it!

How very true. The lack of invoices for the FRIACO product means that nobody will sign up for ESAT if their company is paying for it. Internet does not attract BIK and is one of the few tax efficient perks nowadays but ESAT will not invoice you and teh company will not pay without an invoice.

Cease the product altogether.

Cease the line , say 091123456

Ring Eircom same days and ask for a new line , giving the number of the 'connected ' line but dead line . Eircom will give you a new number , say 091123457 as it is a new contract. Cost €25 for the reconnection fee .

Now you qualify for the 4 months free offer when you sign up with a new carrier or even with IOL as the CLI is new whic is the only criteria for the free offer. No BB must ever have been installed at the CLI in the past .

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

actually if your broadband service was cancelled before the 20th May you can also avail of the trial offer.

So if were using IOL or eircom and have cancelled the service before that date you can sign up now and get the promotion..

I think it's in place to allow for people who may have moved into a house where the previous owner/tenant had broadband, or those who were unhappy with their previous supplier and cancelled early..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Iago
    actually if your broadband service was cancelled before the 20th May you can also avail of the trial offer.

So if were using IOL or eircom and have cancelled the service before that date you can sign up now and get the promotion..
    The eircomwholesale document describing the conditions under which an account qualifies for the rebate is pretty explicit - * I.e., the first time the CLI has been connected to the Bitstream service.

Advertisement