Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying phones online?

Options
  • 26-05-2004 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone know where to buy "cheaper" online phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

take a look at www.mphone.co.uk also

plus check www.expansys.com as it can sometimes work out cheaper than ordering from the .ie site

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

was there not a sticky somewhere a while back with a list of sites? I was looking for it the other day but no joy, or am i just mad and made up the sticky in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I had a look at some of the prices on both of these sites. Is there that much of a difference between Irish shops and these ones? Especially for SIM free stuff?

BTW who is the manufacturer of the O2 XDAII? Can you buy it elsewhere and configure it up for VF or O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there can still be a decent enough price difference at times, also availability of stock - so definitely worth shopping around

the XDA 2 is manufactured by a company called HTC, who supply the units to operators like O2 and T-Mobile with branding and customisations, but also to resellers who sell direct under their own brand like i-Mate and QTEK

p.s. have been using the i-Mate model, which has as a 'pure' Windows Mobile OS (i.e. without the Active interface and default configs etc like the XDA 2) - and came SIM-Free

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement