Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final (scores)

• 26-05-2004 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Kick off at 7.45. Good build up by sky since 6.

Predictions for the game anyone?
    2-1 Monaco for me;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Monaco to win 2 nil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

2-1 Porto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

4-3 porto aet.

/**** i hope i dont regret not betting on that ,been thinking it for weeks.

kdjac

Its probably a bit late to tell you this but Paddy Power are giving all their customers a free €3 bet on the first goalscorer for this match.
    We'd like to thank you for your loyalty this football season. For tonight's Champions League Final, we're refunding all losing 1st goal scorer bets up to a value of £3/€3.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Porto 2-1 Monaco

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

3-1 to porto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Extra time : 1-0 porto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It is 1-0 to Porto, Carlos Alberte (sp?).

Yep very good reactions by the third yougest goal scorer in a European Cup / champions League final .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Monaco are a bit unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time, they were definately the better side. Hopefully there'll be more goals.

• Advertisement

Piss poor match overall, though a well taken goal.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Carlos got booked for taking his shirt off, was that always a rule in the UEFA?? Seems like a stupid rule to me. :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2-0 to Porto now, Deco. Depressing to watch, I wonder how much Porto paid the linesman.

Deco left it late.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by kaids
    2-0 to Porto now, Deco. Depressing to watch, I wonder how much Porto paid the linesman.

Deco????

Did Anto and Micko get the assist??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

3-0 shes over

The camera work is class though.

Stopping it for a tackle/goal and panning around it. Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

talk about flukey winners. the most undeserved 3 - 0 win I've ever seen. The first goal was incredibly lucky. Could also have been offside, need to see it again. Porto had what 3 shots in total. Anyways hope Mourinho goes to Chelsea. There's no way that flukey fúcker will maintain that luck next year. As an arsenal fan its hard to say but they're even more undeserving european champions than Man U were.

Originally posted by vorbis
    talk about flukey winners. the most undeserved 3 - 0 win I've ever seen. The first goal was incredibly lucky. Could also have been offside, need to see it again. Porto had what 3 shots in total. Anyways hope Mourinho goes to Chelsea. There's no way that flukey fúcker will maintain that luck next year. As an arsenal fan its hard to say but they're even more undeserving european champions than Man U were.
    Your definition of flukey must be different to mine. Porto took their chances and they have to be praised for doing so.

Ah stop moaning! Porto did what they do better than anyone since Liverpools heyday. Cagey and fast counter-attacking. I take my hat off to them.

Porto are also the first team since the Pool of 76/77 to win the two major trophies back to back.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.. the monaco Keeper seams to be at fault for (at least) 2 goals

fair play to porto uefa cup last year champions league this year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

3 chances 3 goals, and terrible linesmen are what I would call being both lucky and flukey. Pity Monaco couldn't have found an actual goalkeeper.

wtf, Murinio (again sp?) walks off when they get the cup?

I know he's leaving but in fairness......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He said that it was the players occasion and he didnt want to take away from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by vorbis
    3 chances 3 goals, and terrible linesmen are what I would call being both lucky and flukey. Pity Monaco couldn't have found an actual goalkeeper.

Porto deserved it! Monaco were ****e pure and simple

Mourinho has the magic touch for sure Chelsea will be lucky if they get him

He said his family was waiting for him:rolleyes:

He also said he's going to England next year:p

I'm just after listening to Mourinho. he said he left the celebrations because his wife and kids were in the tunnel and they are more important than celebrations.

He also said it was definitely his last match and his preferred destination would be England. He said that he also has a preferred club that he talked about before and nothing has changed. The interviewer asked him if it was Chelsea but i think he said he would prefer to manage Liverpool on a number of occasions. "You'll know in a few days".:)

London club eh ? sounds like yee overly optimistic spurs fans who thought Martin ONeil would come to spurs are gonna have mourinho as manager :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Giles said that Liverpool might be the preferred choice because at Porto the chairman dealt with the business side of managing the club and left mourinho to manage the football. At chelsea he'd might not get a chance to pick the players he wants and might have to accomodate players because of ambramovich.

At least at Liverpool he will be left alone by the chairman. Plus it's more of a challenge.

Originally posted by Big Ears
    London club eh ? sounds like yee overly optimistic spurs fans who thought Martin ONeil would come to spurs are gonna have mourinho as manager :p
    sorry, i meant England not London.:dunno:

Dumph said Liverpool, while Houghton reckoned Chelsea but Mourinho is so no-nonsence he'd be mad to risk Abramovich and Kenyon.

Mike.

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Giles said that Liverpool might be the preferred choice because at Porto the chairman dealt with the business side of managing the club and left mourinho to manage the football. At chelsea he'd might not get a chance to pick the players he wants and might have to accomodate players because of ambramovich.

At least at Liverpool he will be left alone by the chairman. Plus it's more of a challenge.
    i'd like to see him at liverpool he would be a good manager for them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I didnt see the match alas and the goal highlights never reflect what went on but its a good result for Porto.

In a way its a shame the discussion about where managers will be etc has been discussed more than the match itself. The main club competition in the world is the CL, where everybody is aiming for etc, and the two clubs that got there did very well.

Porto and Mourinho should have been allowed to enjoy the night in full for what it was, rather than Mourinho having that issue in the back of his mind, and being asked about it by media rather than the final itself. Also, Mourinho didnt seem to be very happy at all - most strange. He should have been delerious.

I think Uefa should enforce a code of practice so that movement of players/managers etc can only be discussed and finalised during certain windows. Its not easy to enforce as people will talk and tongues will wag, and legally, people can do what they like, but Uefa/Fifa do have the powers to impose fines, etc and ban people from their sport for "bringing the game into disrepute", etc. Its probably a bit draconian but the sport is ruined to some extent if the money-led what-ifs are more important than the players kicking the ball on the grass!

just some thoughts ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Anyone see the old short baldy fat guy in the suit getting drenched by champagne by Carlos Alberto? And not liking it one bit :D:D

Very funny. Could be a P45 for Carlos Alberto! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

one of the worst finals i have ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Originally posted by The Rooster
    Anyone see the old short baldy fat guy in the suit getting drenched by champagne by Carlos Alberto? And not liking it one bit :D:D

Very funny. Could be a P45 for Carlos Alberto! :D:D

I did, twas hi-larious :):) Where were the bullet time cameras when u need them eh?

Advertisement