Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the deal with the mustard forum?

Options
  • 26-05-2004 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've been moving very blatently trolly threads there as any mod would. I'm trying not to be too heavy handed (I can see the humour in Hobart's mustard suit for example) but blatent crap isn't on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

I don't have a problem with that one, it's kinda funny and it's not interfering with any threads (a lot of recycled stuff was split off from threads because they were dragging them off-topic). New forums often get that kinda stuff before they settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Read the charter!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smiaras
    Hmmm I don't like mustard but what about a mayonnaise forum seeing as mustard is pretty fly for a white guy.

Check the Mustard forum charter.

I'm lost here, first you seem to be complaining about me binning posts, then you seem to be complaining about me not binning enough posts (in a forum you don't have any interest in) and now you're turning this into a forum suggestion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

The musTARD forum is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Originally posted by AndrewWK
    The musTARD forum is hilarious

I feel embarressed for finding that funny.....BUT I DID !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

would say that I'm a sad bastard for going to the recycle bin...

You should ask for a nick change to e-hobo

Flogen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

there was always something missing on Boards, now that the Mustard Forum has at last been given the go ahead, I have to say that Boards is now complete.
    For so long I’ve wanted to discuss my secret passion - Mustard

Vive la Mustard Forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Woo, the latest boards fad. Lame.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno, ecksor may be running some kind of experiment, like with mazes and ants and stuff. He does seem to know a lot about mustard and what have you.

Personally I'm surprised that so many people seem to share in his fascination with this particular food stuff. American yellow, strictly on hotdogs and burgers. Anything else is not what God intended.

DeV.

" How embarrassing - a house full of condiments and no food."

Not wishing to drag this off-topic but the american mustards seem to be stereotyped as being full of gums, colourings and sweeteners that don't quite inspire the same passion as your proper european mustards. However, the ranges that are available in places like Wisconsin are impressive and I may be doing them a disservice. Some year I will get to go to Madison or Milwaulkee during National Mustard Day in August and report my findings. (Actually, just remembered that a friend of mine just moved there ... ).

As for the bitching. Hello? What bleedin' difference to ye. If you're not interested then don't go there. People laughed about the weather forum too but fail to recognise that weather is hugely important, especially in this country, and a very worthy topic of discussion. And it has been a successful forum in my estimation. The fact that Mustard can thrive in many varying types of weather is of little relevance here but I thought that I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by smiaras
    Besides the forum being like so funny...as in funny ha ha.
    It also tastes funny.
    Originally posted by DeVore
    " How embarrassing - a house full of condiments and no food."
    Wasn't it "a fridge full of condiments"?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

mmmmmmmmm gum.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anything else is not what God intended.

I would insult you over that comment, but I'm too chicken ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I dunno, ecksor may be running some kind of experiment, like with mazes and ants and stuff.

are you trying to suggest that I'm an ant DeV?
    I resemble that remark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by Beruthiel

I resemble that remark!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    are you trying to suggest that I'm an ant DeV?
    I resemble that remark!!

Rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I dunno, ecksor may be running some kind of experiment, like with mazes and ants and stuff.
    Certainly seems to act as a casual demonstration that a forum started about anything will get people posting.

• Advertisement

lol @ ruthie! (I was wondering who would pick up on that remark :) )

I dont know what ecksor is doing but he seems to be having fun doing it so ... *shrug*. He does know a lot about mustard though. Pfffff, so long as he's not banning like, *regi* or something I pretty much look at it as a draw. :)

DeV.

Advertisement