Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most unreal out draw ever

Options
  • 26-05-2004 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Pre flop, i've got 4 4
    I bet,
    somebody reraises, i recultantly call, figuring at best i'm 50- 50 here.

flop comes 2c 4d 10h

I instantly go all in as I don't feel like giving a free card and theres a lot of money in the pot already.

He reluctantly calls,
    he has ah kh

Turn comes

qh

River comes:

jh

And i'm out :(
    Wtf!:?
    Unreal stuff

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Still doesnt beat my poker of 3s getting beaten by a str8 flush, online mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Not sure if this is a bad beat or bad play but was playing in an online tournament on ladbrokes last night.
    $10 buy-in. Top 40 to get cash. 360 entries.
    Down to last 80 and was around 40th. Had been 4th up until a bit before.

Anyway. Got dealt 77.
    Only one other guy left.
    Flop: A 7 10
    He checks, I check.
    Turn: 4
    Check,Check.
    River: 2

No flush is on and can't see him playing with 35 for a striaght.
    Anyway, he bets, I raise, he re-raises and I go all in (had about 6,000 in chips before the hand).
    My triple 7's get beat by his triple A's :(

Should I just have called his bet on the river ?

Had I won it I'd have been around the top 3 but having lost I finished 64th.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not much you can do with that but I would say it's strange thet you both checked to the river. I would have bet on the turn only bringing on the inevitable earlier.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

PHB, runner-runner hearts for a flush is about a 1-in-20 shot so while its not nice, its not the worst beat I've ever seen. Amp's flush being beaten by a house recently was about twice as bad!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Bah. Who hasn't had the nut flush beaten by a house. Damn you Decker!

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Victor Chandler Poker, free in tables last Monday.

I get dealt 10 10.

I check (big blind).

The Flop comes 10 10 J. I laugh out loud. I check, someone else raises, I call.

Turn comes, A. Someone raises big, everyone else folds, I call.

River is J. several raises, and reraises, I go all in. I'm laughing, as I think he's got a full house.

Turns over, JJ. Chips go bye-bye. Man, I'm pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

playing in ucd poker soc event in the radison last year I was dealt 8h,9h as the big blind. lots of callers so I don't bet

flop is 10c, jh, qh

I bet big, a few callers

turn is 10h.. straight flush for me

bet medium... 1 reluctant caller

river is ah

He had to be waiting on a flush. I cry. He has a tiny anount of chips left so I call even though I know what he has but I'm a sucker. How do you fold with a 2 card straight flush when a bet of about 1/20th of the pot comes at you.

The answer is that you can't

well I can't anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

by the way he had the kh

Advertisement