Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prog on palestine last night

Options
  • 26-05-2004 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

there was prog following three palestinian children last night on channel 4

i think there been horrific killings on both sides

it showed how many palestinians were killed and how rightly desperate they were...
    how there homes and livley hoods were destroyed so much so the much so the could hardly live anymore

i think it mostly showed the indoctrination of the children from a young age that the israelies were dogs that there no other god but theres... how much tht 12(?) year old kid wanted to go out and kill israelies and blow himself up

if it all possible i like to discuss this indoctrinationof hatred at such an early age , it so similar to the north, (not that i have firsthand experience of that either )...

how whill there ever be progress if children are brought up to think like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

And don't forget that those children are also seeing their homes destroyed, families and friends killed, watching apachees going by everyday, waking up with tanks engines or even worst with their shells and being watched by snipers with constant fear of being shot. I think that is far more than enough to make their minds about Israel without being told.
    You can only imagine above scenario if you put your feet in those kids shoes and think if you need to be told in school to hate Israel. Also think that many of those living in those conditions so that more Jews can come and settle in Israel while they leave their homes and lands by force and end up in refugee camps.
    And don't forget, while you are imagining all that, you are also seeing no future and very little reasons to live and nowhere to go.
    It is a racist act that any Jews can go and settle in Israel and have their Israeli passports if they want but if you are a Palestinian want to move your father's mother's lands you probably be shot before you even ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Death in Gaza it was called and it was one of the most moving documentary's I have ever seen. Throughout the program we saw the sheer desperate situation the people of Palestine live in. The frustration of the people as the bulldozers moved in, demolishing homes to create a security zone. The documentary centred around 3 kids. It was harrowing.

The film ended when the film maker (James Miller) and his crew left a Palestine home. As per the norm they waved a white flag and shouted "we are British Journalists" at the Israeli soldier's/tank. They opened fire killing Miller.

http://www.channel4.com/news/2004/special_reports/death_in_gaza.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Originally posted by halkar
    And don't forget that those children are also seeing their homes destroyed, families and friends killed, watching apachees going by everyday, waking up with tanks engines or even worst with their shells and being watched by snipers with constant fear of being shot. I think that is far more than enough to make their minds about Israel without being told.
    You can only imagine above scenario if you put your feet in those kids shoes and think if you need to be told in school to hate Israel. Also think that many of those living in those conditions so that more Jews can come and settle in Israel while they leave their homes and lands by force and end up in refugee camps.
    And don't forget, while you are imagining all that, you are also seeing no future and very little reasons to live and nowhere to go.
    It is a racist act that any Jews can go and settle in Israel and have their Israeli passports if they want but if you are a Palestinian want to move your father's mother's lands you probably be shot before you even ask.

Halkar do you actually believe your own lies.

Try being an Israeli and standing against the Arab World.

18 Million Jews in the World and nearly a half a billion or more Muslims that would like to see the destruction of the state of Israel.

A country the size of Munster and other countries have a grudge against it and don’t forget the Gaza Strip ruled by the Egyptians before the 1967 War People were treated by filth and don’t say the Israelis are all doing that because there not.

Oh yeah the lands of Gaza and the West Bank were desolate up to 1967 and very infertile and very few "Arabs" lived there but when the Israeli's Irrigated the land and cultivated everyone wanted a peace of the action. Refugee Camps are not camps they are small towns.

If the people stop supporting the terrorists there homes would not be destroyed and they didn’t harbour terrorists.

Oh and don’t forget the Palestinian Christians would are persecuted for there faith by there Islamic Brother.

You constantly say those poor people, have a good look at a bus blown apart with babies in several pieces, young women with there unborn babies cut from them by the blast, school kids blown to bits.

These people don’t throw stones, grenades or suicide bomb civilian targets and neither do the majority of soldier’s kill indiscriminately.

We are seeing the terrorist's side but witness a suicide bomb and tell me that it there only option. Hit military targets unfortunately legitimate but not civilian.

Kids getting into riots with soldiers are asking for it yes they are, they all want to die for what a state that should never have been given statehood.

Oh and when hamas have got their goal they will do what Hizbollah and Ammal do on the northern border and still attack.

The Similarities to these groups and the radical following are similar to Nazism the Israeli option is not.

Clear and simple the Israeli's and Jews will not back down ever again and there right to their land is biblical and has been there right for thousands of years and before the advent of Islam.

There is no ethnic cleansing it is not Bosnia, the hatred and bitterness is more so on the uncivilised radical Islamic side and they are pure evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Wrestlemania

18 Million Jews in the World and nearly a half a billion or more Muslims that would like to see the destruction of the state of Israel.

Whilst I will say that the state of Israel has a right to exist (although perhaps not as a racially motivated one), one must question a) why the need for a confrontational stance, b) how it got to that in the first place, and c) how come half a billion+ people are "wrong" and you're right ........

please note that point 'c' is entirely subjective ....

Oh yeah the lands of Gaza and the West Bank were desolate up to 1967 and very infertile and very few "Arabs" lived there but when the Israeli's Irrigated the land and cultivated everyone wanted a peace of the action. Refugee Camps are not camps they are small towns.

WTF?!!!! "Refugee camps are not camps they're small towns?"

WHO told you that? Do you know how much of a member of the stasi you sound like saying that?!!

And people, by your own definition, DID live on that land and were turfed off into these "small towns" by force.

If the people stop supporting the terrorists there homes would not be destroyed and they didn’t harbour terrorists.

So the 90,000 people in Rafah are all either terrorists or active supporters? 90,000 people cut off from the basic necessities of life?

Against the geneva convention too I might add .......

You constantly say those poor people, have a good look at a bus blown apart with babies in several pieces, young women with there unborn babies cut from them by the blast, school kids blown to bits.

Yup, the Israeli army has done that too. They just use helicopter gunships instead. Just as indiscrimate as a suicide bomber.

Pot. Kettle.

We are seeing the terrorist's side but witness a suicide bomb and tell me that it there only option. Hit military targets unfortunately legitimate but not civilian.

So you would call levelling an entire apartment block with familes in it to get one man an appropriate act and morally superior to a suicide bombing?

personally I find both just as repugnant as the other and worth of nothing more than being scraped off the heel of my boot like the excrement they are

Kids getting into riots with soldiers are asking for it yes they are, they all want to die for what a state that should never have been given statehood.

Jesus H F*cking Christ, aren't you just the epitomy of charity. Kids rioting may be asking for a beating, or tear gas, or water cannon. But to indiscriminately shoot them or blow them up? And then destroy their families homes?

What kind of f*cked up mind comes to that level of "conclusion"?

Oh and when hamas have got their goal they will do what Hizbollah and Ammal do on the northern border and still attack.

maybe. maybe not. Has anyone tried to sue for peace inside Israel? I didn't know you were such a clairvoyant Wrestlemania ... :rolleyes:

So what's your solution to this "fact"? Wipe them all out? Now who tried that before ......

The Similarities to these groups and the radical following are similar to Nazism the Israeli option is not.

Your views expressed in your post are extordinarily similar to what you claim theirs is. A rose by any other name .....

Clear and simple the Israeli's and Jews will not back down ever again and there right to their land is biblical and has been there right for thousands of years and before the advent of Islam.

Oh for f*cks sake ..... this is insane. You're using the intangible to claim tangiblity. Do you know how utterly and rabidly fanatical you sound?

There is no ethnic cleansing it is not Bosnia, the hatred and bitterness is more so on the uncivilised radical Islamic side and they are pure evil.

Eh, systematically removing an indigenous people from an area IS ethnic cleansing. You don't need to throw them all into large ovens/gas chambers/mud holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Either prove he's deliberately trying to mislead, or retract that statement.

I've had enough of your attitude...next time, no warning.

Relevance? Does that excuse any action?
    Kids getting into riots with soldiers are asking for it yes they are,
    Nice to see you finally quantify the attitude of an IDF soldier in words other than "highly professional".
    Clear and simple the Israeli's and Jews will not back down ever again
    And there's the crux of the matter. Peace is less important than not backing down, judging by that statement.

and there right to their land is biblical
    That noted historical document that is recognised for its legitimacy in determining ownership rights the world over, irrespective of religion?
    There is no ethnic cleansing
    Really? I seem to recall this being discussed here before, and several people pointing examples that arguably qualify. Remember that ethnic cleansing doesn't necessarily mean killing them.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can you please back this up with facts? Also are you referring to "Isreal" as the world? Or are you implying that everyone who is Jewish should be tarred with the same brush?

I can see the distinction between Israel and Jewish people all over the world. Can you?

Advertisement