Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much are Mini Ipods in America ?

• 26-05-2004 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Can they be bought in shops in USA ? duty free shops specially ?
    friends girlfriend is going. He wanted to know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

go to the apple.com store
    check out the prices and compare them to the shop prices. I'm sure they can be bought in shops. check the apple site for apple stores near to where you g/f is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well i know the site, just wondering if they were widley available in normal shops in USA, cause she wont get time to order them from site.
    P.s : not my g/f

thanks though.
    il check apple again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

They are 249 of the best United States Dollars :)

They can be bought i'm sure. They are only backordered if you get them online, as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

According to Compusa, they are $249.

Compusa are everywhere in the US, so no matter where she goes, she should be able to pick one up. Plan on adding around 7-9% sales tax, depending on what state she is going to.

No sales tax here in Oregon, so thats the actual price I would have to pay if I wanted one. :D

• Advertisement

249.00 USD = 205.723 EUR

i think it works out cheap to get someone to get it from usa, rather than ordering it from some site.

Thanks for info guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

If you're really lucky she'll be going to a state with no sales tax :p like Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon ! Fat chance, though, hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Best Buy stores also sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pigeoncrumb

I have one and i'm an american. They are so hot, much better than the regular ones. I ordered mine over the internet at apple.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by pigeoncrumb
    I have one and i'm an american. They are so hot, much better than the regular ones. I ordered mine over the internet at apple.com

If you ignore the storage, that is (and depending on the colour you chose)

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I have a 15gb iPod and I have to say if If I were to buy an mp3 player today I'd get the mini.

Being able to fit 14gigs of mp3's on a player isn't much use if you can only listen to 6.5 hours at a time (and it takes a good while to charge). And thats with the backlight off and not too much flicking around to different tracks.

Plus, even if the scrollwheel is a hell of alot easier to use than the interface with the other brands its gets all a bit unmanageable when you go over 4gigs.

i`m so happy for you, americans are cool.
    also u cannot order mini`s in europe, just cool america.
    so cool.

lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one!!!!!

N
    t

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If I were going to the US, I would definitely pick one up. If you just want to use it to listen to music, 4 gigs should be more than enough. As far as I can see the only reason you'd want more storage currenty is to use it as an external FireWire or USB 2 hard drive for file storage/moving large files between computers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

If I was going to the US, I'd pick up an iriver ihp-140. ipod, what ipod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by smiaras
    Before buying you should seriously check your music catalogue, I sent my mate over with the intentions of picking up a mini but breathed a huge sigh of relief when he came back with a 15GB for just 50 dollars more. Have 6/7 GB filled already.

Why? I presume you have all your MP3's backed up somewhere (i.e. a large HD or on CD's)! so why would you need to have more than 5GB of storage on your iPod? I mean if you change around the selection from your backup once or twice a week you will still have more portable music than you can possibly find the time to listen to, unless you are storing all your mp3's on the iPod with no form of backup :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by fragile
    Why? I presume you have all your MP3's backed up somewhere (i.e. a large HD or on CD's)! so why would you need to have more than 5GB of storage on your iPod? I mean if you change around the selection from your backup once or twice a week you will still have more portable music than you can possibly find the time to listen to, unless you are storing all your mp3's on the iPod with no form of backup :eek:

yeah, but for €40 extra, its worth having the bit extra (if you were to use it as a portable HD or something as well)

Flogen

Advertisement