Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl MP3 jukebox & digital camcorder thursday 3/6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

dont forget the hammock :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

not too bad....
    does the camera take tapes or is it just mem cards?

wonder how trust worthy the mp3 thing is... id trust an ipod alot more tbh

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by flogen
    not too bad....
    does the camera take tapes or is it just mem cards?

wonder how trust worthy the mp3 thing is... id trust an ipod alot more tbh

Flogen

SC/MMC cards it says. I wouldn't reckon the quality would be great.

The warranty is better on the Lidl player isn't it? The ipods have had lots of problems. Of course don't trust it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just noticed they also have some printer cartridges for €19.99
    not bad.

Anyway im "considering" the camcorder ill pop in but im not going to queue for ages to get one. If i go in and they have one i might get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I bought one of those digi camcorder things last time they had them... in fact it looks like the same one (though I dont know my model number off-hand). It isn't fantastic tbh, and definately not worth €160 if it's the same one (though that's exactly what I paid for it IIRC).

can you check the model you got? will be a real help for anyone deciding to go for it. It "sounds" good though so maybe yours was an older model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've heard all those mini camcorders aren't great. Mustek do some aswell.

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/CBD.html
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Video.html

Note the one on OcuK is 136 euro + del and its a better model

Originally posted by Saruman
    can you check the model you got? will be a real help for anyone deciding to go for it. It "sounds" good though so maybe yours was an older model

Yep, it'll be the weekend before I get a chance to pull it out though most likely. It "sounds" like it's the same as mine though - don't get me wrong, as a digital camera it's about on-par but a digital camcorder it aint! I'll post the full details anyway when I get it out, afair it lists the FPS @ different resolutions, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

According to the leaflet I picked up in store today the 20GB MP3 player/portable hard drive has a radio tuner in it as well. I would reckon this to be a better and more versatile investment than an iPod.

PS. Oh yeah it says the camera can play mp3s too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

The mp3 player is hardly a bargain at €299, cconsidering the 30GB Creative Zen Xtra is available for just €30 more.

MP3 Player is not a bargain!

€299 for 20gb and its made by Typhoon?

I paid €255 for a 40gb Zen Xtra

Just get it in America. Its well worth it

For those saying the mp3 jukebox is not a bargain.. you may be right but thiis is IRELAND and in irish prices it is a bargain.. the fact you can get something a little better for a little more elsewhere should not come into it.. can you get said product HERE at that price? Maybe you can and the jukebox is not something i would bother buying anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Originally posted by Saruman
    can you get said product HERE at that price?
    Yes you can, if you buy online.
    Originally posted by Evie Jolly Bargain
    Just get it in America. Its well worth it
    If you happen to be going there anyway, or know someone who is then that's fine. If not you will likely be screwed by customs. Also most US retailers will not ship outside the US.

hmm on second thoughts... This site has some reviews but it also has pics taken with it and a video. The pics are good.. the video looks like something i would shoot on my Nokia 6600 so i think i will not buy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    I've heard all those mini camcorders aren't great. Mustek do some aswell.

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/CBD.html
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Video.html

Note the one on OcuK is 136 euro + del and its a better model

The mustek dv200 is being sold in various places as a sony camera. Ive had a couple of foreign guys into the shop i work in who were sold it as a sony . The mustek badge was replaced with a dodgy looking sony one. Just a little tid-bit

The MP3 player isnt a great bargain, the Creative 40gb Jukebox is only €399 and the 30gb is €359:D

Sorry it took so long to reply. The model I have is different, however the spec is similar. What Saruman said above is true - the quality is okay as a camera, but as a digicamcorder it is pretty poor.

Advertisement