Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half me "My Computer" icon is missing!

Options
  • 26-05-2004 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

(See attached.)

Totally bizarre, never seen anything like this before. Running XP. Winamp running Always On Top on the other side of the screen, no problem. As soon as I click on it, it goes back to normal. Anyone ever experienced this?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

There is a "Repair Icons" function in the Tweak UI Utility bundled with the Powertoys from Microsoft. I will try to find a link for you to download it.....

EDIT:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have it already and tried it, to no avail unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I've had that before. Never really found a proper fix. One thing that worked for a while was changing the icon used, then changing it back after a few days. Kept occurring intermittently, til I re-installed. Never happened again on that PC, but did on another ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Change the icon and then change it back ,running a chkdsk will also fix it ,the icon file is corrupted.

kdjac

Advertisement