Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 annoying things about xp

Options
  • 26-05-2004 10:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(1) When i have 7 windows open and each has its own little bar on the taskbar and then i open another, windows shoves them all into one.
    Is there anyway to stop this ?

(2) When i open a new window (say click on a link) the new one opens but not full screen. I have to go and click the square in the right hand corner.
    It seems trivial but when you open say 7 links a minute in a forum with lots of links, it kinda gets annoying.
    Anybody know how to solve this as both of these problems combined together is very annoying.

Cheers :)

Chief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

two solutions to q1.

get firefox and use tab browsing (opens multiple pages but uses only one space on taskbar)

or

go to start >> control panel >> taskbar and start menu >> untick group similar taskbar buttons

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Excellent thanks...

Makes such a difference already.

Now whos gonna tackle question 2 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

...and answer to Q2:

right click on the icon in question and click properties. In the 'Run' box choose maximized.

There you go, problems solved.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also if you manually resize the window, then when u open another window it automatically opens in that size

Xp isn't really annoying now is it?

well okay i went too far.

statement retracted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How are these XP problems, indeed what are you talking about - IE ????

using firefox, hold mouse3 to click a link, it will open in a seperate tab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Answer to Question 2.

Run your window for IE in 'restore down' mode. Then stretch it to your required size. Open a new window and stretch that window too. Then after you close those windows all newly opened windows will open in the previously set size.

I hope that makes sense.

Cal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Excellent both problems solved..

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Or, right click on your task bar and click properties

untick "group similar taskbar buttons"....

anti internet explorer monkeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

get advant browser, its faster than firefox and its integrated with IE so you get tabs + all webpages load fine

Advertisement