Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory upgrade help

Options
  • 26-05-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

I have a Geil 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz stick in my Pc at the mo... I'm looking at buying 512mb of Corsair CMX DDR2700 333MHz. Will this work and if so/not can u explain... I'm always learning.

Spankyou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

It depends on your system. Are you running an AMD / Intel , what is the FSB of the system and are you overclocking?

Give a little more details and you will have a quick responce.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Details r in the sig... I sometimes run it at 195-200mhz bus speed but generally run it at 166Mhz

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

if yo ur planning on keeping the 3200 (i presume you are) then you will be better off getting another stick of 3200. you can only run as fast as your slowest stick of memory which would mean no more 200fsb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Pc3200 Memory allows you to reach an FSB speed of 200 mhz FSB. If your going to be using FSB higher than 166mhz then you will almost definetly need Pc3200.

It would be much wiser to get memory simular to what you already have and run it in Dual DDR mode. If you get Pc2700 then the faster stuff will operate at Pc2700 aswell......... which wont cause any problems. If you try to go to Pc3200 (200mhz FSB) then the slower Ram will most lightly not be able for it and will crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers Lads...

• Advertisement
Advertisement