Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive letter

Options
  • 27-05-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to ( or how difficult is it to) change the drive letter on a P.C.? It seem's that my P.C. has a partitioned H.D. with C: and E: as the drive letter's. Can I change E: to some thing else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

If Drive letter D: is taken up with a CD drive or something, unplug the Drive completely.

Then download Partition Magic (google the name). There is an option to change drive letters on the partitions in that - you can change it from D: to Z: if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Assuming you've no programs installed on the E drive...

If you're using NT, win2000 or XP, go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management - right click on the relevant drive and click change drive letter (edit).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Thank's Spectre

That worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

i dare you to change c: to m:

see what happens :ninja: :rolleyes:

Advertisement