Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*SPOILERS*Tour of Defiance First Night

• 27-05-2004 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

So, was that ****in amazing or what?! Matt Hardy kicking things off, bit annoyed he didn't do much, getting spinebusted 3 times by Batista. Then La Resistance vs Hurricane and Rosey, nice match, Eugene interfered and I was surprised that Regal helped the superheroes win, thought he was meant to be a heel.

Rhyno vs Cade wasn't anything too special I thought. Cade really did have plenty of people convinced he was actually injured. I was thinking that if he was really injured, they'd have got him out sooner, but then I began doubting myself. Rhyno hit the first finisher of the night to win.

Randy Orton vs Shelton Benjamin was next, very nice match, looking forward to their likely Badd Blood encounter. Shelton is a very good athlete, and I actually felt that Randy was the best wrestler of the night so far. Randy won, of course, to keep the title, but no RKO:(

Stacey Keibler came out then to talk about whatever she talked about. Wasn't really listening, but then who came out?! Eric Bischoff and JOHNNY NITRO!!!! Nitro even got on the mic, telling Eric how much he admires him. Then Eugene came out again, and Regal was just hilarious, he was in a hurry, but he still managed to wipe his feet before entering the ring! Eugene bet up Nitro, but I won't hold it against him.

Trish came out next with Tyson Tomko. Unfortunately Christian was injured and wasn't there. About the only bad point of the night. Trish got on the mic, defending herself and slagging the crowd. Then Jericho came out, got on the mic and did his "dirty, filthy, trashbag ho" routine, the man's a legend! He spent most of the match on the mat. Tomko isn't too bad, I was expecting a lot worse. Jericho won with a kick to the head after Tomko tried to hit him with a chair.

Interval then, before HBK vs HHH! This was a classic before it had even started! ****in hilarious stuff going on. First of all, this guy in the front row had a "you screwed Bret" sign, and he even had the Bret sunglasses! Shawn and Triple H kept looking at him and giving him the finger and stuff. The crowd was well into this, so much chanting going on. Then Triple H pretended to be really pissed off with this gang of kids at ringside, threatening to go after them. I'm not a great fan of his, but his reactions are priceless, he looked so pissed off at these kids, shouting at the ref and everything! He left the ring and walked to the back then. He was actually counted out, but they ignored that and got on with the match. At one point, a "you screwed Bret" chant started up and the guy with the sign at ringside got up and started going mental, and then when he went to sit down, he fell off his seat! Very good match actually, went on for quite some time. Shawn won with the superkick, good match.

Ric Flair fought Edge after this. Not a bad match at all, the fans were cheering for Ric more than Edge, some even booing him. End of the match wasn't especially nice, Ric's pants were pulled down and we could see his ass for the last minute of the match, he went to the top rope and all like that, even getting speared (I think?) with his ass showing. Not a nice sight, but alright match. Edge got on the mic and thanked Ric for everything, but Ric just told him to go screw himself.

Triple threat for the women's title, Victoria vs Molly vs Lita. Didn't go on for very long, so nothing special, Kane interupted the match. Sure scared me when his pyro went off! He went after Lita, but then Benoit's music hit and we had ourselves the main-event. A lot of fans seemed to be into Kane, I even heard a "Benoit sucks" chant. Can't understand it at all, the man is brilliant. I really enjoyed this match, two diving headbutts and it ended with Kane tapping out. Chris started a "you tapped out" chant after the match, and the crowd went crazy for him.

Amazing night, oh yeah, Stephanie came out at the start to welcome us and stuff, she said "Erin go brea", and I thought to myself that I've only ever heard Americans say that.

I'd say some of it was a preview for Bad Blood, I don't think there were any extremely crap matches, but it didn't really matter anyway, still deadly seeing all these guys in the flesh. Got loads of photos too, great night!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

The best part of the day for me and Gonzo anyway was meeting Gregory Helms ie: THE MUDA FUNKING "HURRICANE" in town outside visuals.

I couldnt believe it was him. He was totally cool, he was also very interested in my IwW t-shirt, which was so cool. I got my pic taken with him and he did his big super hero pose in the middle of town and didnt care how stupid he was. I was walking out in front of cars and stuff totally star struck. It was great.

The show was the sh1t. It was brilliant. Seeing BEnoit in action was amazing. I cant believe I say V WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNAH (Matt Hardy), and my future wife... Trish!

I thought it was so amazing. Im still tweeking... I have to go calm down.

Hanza

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

I've three rolls of film from last night.
    Great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

Have to agree what a wild night better than i tought it would be with no time fillers with people that nobody cared about. Still horse from chanting all night, we had a group of guys around us that started a you scre**d bret chant so we started our on chants of who gives a f*** and the bret scre**d bret chant. I wish people would get over it. Even heard a guy shout at michaels about hows his back feeling and a mate of mine shouted better than bret which really got some chanting going. It was nice seeing Eugene before the show started when he came out and started fooling around with the popcorn stand and fire extingusher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

It was when Panto goes Bad :D Fantastic stuff - everybody knew their lines.

Some of the 'sells' were a bit poor, but hey it's a live event. I just wonder will it be the same tonight?

Good news about Smackdown in Belfast October 7th:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Totally, what a quality night

However my only gripe was the "event staff" - what a bunch of mindless irritating wannabe-Hitlers. With their damn torches, had a bit of a freak-out at one of them, who insisted I sit down, even though small kids and teenagers in front of me were standing up or sitting on the backs of their chairs - which was funny cause they didnt look like they were made out of glass.

Also met up with a friend of mine and his friend from NWA, who was insistent that I should get in the ring - so I will make him happy and turn up on Sunday :)

Apart from that, I had a quality time, purchasing one of the very few sold Hurricane t-shirts - even though I looked quite sexy in my original Manking and Jericho tops

As for me - next stop Belfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Amazing night.

Loved Flair, Stacy(!), MHV1 and Y2J.

Orton was very good, loved the feet on the ropes!

HHH and HBK really seemed to be enjoying themselves, playing to the crowd. Good match.

Edge didn't seem to mind getting booed out of the arena. Dublin is Flair-Country after all!

Batista is HUGE! (see pic)

I was only 5 rows back from ringside and got some great vid clips/pics.

Great night overall. How about the heat Rosey got?!?!?!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Anyone got any impression at all that they will be returning to the point anytime soon or is this it for another 9 years

:confused:

Shin

Originally posted by Fozzy
    First of all, this guy in the front row had a "you screwed Bret" sign, and he even had the Bret sunglasses!

That wasnt the tool with bleach blond hair and a canadian flag on his shoulders - gah saw him being interviewed outside the point - and christ he sounded retarded. Sounded like he was trying to be cool and cut a promo at the same time - thought he was going to **** himself he was screaming so much at the camera. Going on and on and on and on (well you get the idea) about Benoit outside, then Brett inside - jesus twas quite sad - he wasnt even drunk

Yeah, that blonde guy. He got a few pops tho. There was this guy 2 rows in front of me, as skinny as hell and about 7 foot tall. Sitting down, he could still see when everyone was standing, but he kept putting his arms up in the air and standing on the chair. Everyone was screaming at him to sit down. The guy behind me was getting so pissed off his mate had to stop him from hitting him.

Yeah Batista is enormus. I couldnt get over the size of him.

Ric Flairs naked ass was a bit mental tho. A bit too much information, but fun none the less. As far as 50 year old asses go, it was the coolest 50 year old ass Ive ever seen. Eh, wait that sounds weird.

Hanza

Originally posted by Hanza
    Ric Flairs naked ass was a bit mental tho. A bit too much information, but fun none the less. As far as 50 year old asses go, it was the coolest 50 year old ass Ive ever seen. Eh, wait that sounds weird.

I am sitting here in work, hungover after last night and that is by far the strangest thing I have read today. Besides my brother at 9:30 today asking me what 13 feet in metres was - the mind boggles :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing night/day it was. meeting the Hurricane in the city centre yesterday afternoon had us speechless, he was a totally genuine really nice person. I loved the show, the only thing that totally pissed me off was when they said that due to the overwhelming response here that they are gonna return for smackdown, we all thought they meant that they had suddenly set a date for Dublin in October only to tell us what we already knew for weeks beforehand, that they were going to Belfast, what a letdown. If I had to choose between Belfast or Manchester I would rather go to Manchester any day. Anyhow, great show, was a night to remember.

Originally posted by Hanza
    The best part of the day for me and Gonzo anyway was meeting Gregory Helms ie: THE MUDA FUNKING "HURRICANE" in town outside visuals.

I hate you so much right now :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bigshot

F*** that was brilliant. Evolution was pretty over in Dublin it has to be said with Randy gettin more support than Shelton and Ric gettin more support than Edge.

Had pretty bad seats on the floor at an angle facing the aisle so every time someone hit a big move someone would walk in front of us and we would miss it. Couldnt see the entrances or ringside at all really.

Figured out the best thing to do was just to leg it down to ring side when the Fink got in the ring to announce the next match. Highlight was being down in the corner when HHH did his pose on the turnbuckles it was amazing to be that close. And i have to say I think that he prob gave the best performance on the night the antics before the match were great and really helped the crowds response to the match.

Lo light would have to be the crowd during the Kane V Benoit match. I suppose you colud put it down to the crowd being all tuckered out or the fact that kane dictated the pace (how many bloody bearhugs did he put on benoit). But the crowd reacted well at the end of the match with the TAP TAP TAP chant when chris hit the cross face.

Overall a 50 yoyos well spent. Cant wait til they come over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, I'm so jealous right now, one of my friends met a load of the wrestlers last night! And she didn't even know they were in Dublin! She said she saw Matt, Lita, Edge, Rhyno, and got Hurricane's autograph, and best of all, she was talking to Jericho for a while! And I thought I was lucky getting within 50 feet of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

Ah, I'm so jealous right now, one of my friends met a load of the wrestlers last night! And she didn't even know they were in Dublin! She said she saw Matt, Lita, Edge, Rhyno, and got Hurricane's autograph, and best of all, she was talking to Jericho for a while! And I thought I was lucky getting within 50 feet of him!

im jealous too tell me more, where did she see them what where they saying, details!:D

Originally posted by faithy
    im jealous too tell me more, where did she see them what where they saying, details!:D

That's all I know so far, might be talking to her later to find out more. She was out for her graduation in town, and I actually went to the event! AGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

ah, i'd be sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a night. There is no way I thought it would be THAT good. Still grinning and a bit over awed by it all.

Had brilliant seat in section B, where we and the guys behind us started a shít load of chants.

It was absolutely class for Flair V Edge. No matter what Flair did to get some heel heat, he just got cheered all the harder. We got a few Edge Sucks chants going as well. I was totally WOOOOOOOOOOOed out after that one.

Biggest Pops (no particular order)
    Fink when he came out first
    Steph
    HHH & HBK entrances
    Jericho

Biggest Heat
    Batista
    Edge
    Nitro and Bisch

Well worth the €60, couldnt beive it went on for 3+hrs. I was expecting 2 max. Not to mention it wasnt a house show, more like prep for a PPV.

Oh, and we met Stacey in Grafton Street. Not as tall as I thought, but holy crap, is she absolutely GORGEOUS. Me and the lads were totally star struck. Took a group photo, mumbled thanks, and "Kiebs" went off with her minders!

Rating 10/10

Just got my pics back now, and they rule. They totally rock. The one with the Hurrican came out brilliant, but Gonzo took the pic in middle of mee saying "wait no the flash" thus my face looks a little mental, but Gregary Helms is doing his superhero thing and it just looks brilliant.

Me and Gonzo met Garrison Cade and Rob Conway on Grafton street too. They were pretty polite about saying they had to go cos they were late and I gave them directions for a "cab".

I had a blast. The rest of my photos are ok. Got lots of Trish and a good few of Matt Hardy so thats me happy. Fav one is the pic of Jericho in mid lion sault :D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bono_85

hey could anyone post some of their pictures? mine came out crap!! some crappy fujifilm camera, and I thought I had some gr8 ones..,..:mad:

• Advertisement

Sure...
    mine arent wonderful, but I will post them anyway.
    If i get around to it tommorow I will.

Hanza

LOL.

Just remembered Eugenes Peoples Elbow on Jonny Nitro. HI- Larious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Absulutly brillent. Spend 6 hours in the back of Sokda Fabia (very little leg room) but well worth it. When Cade was about to get out of the ring me my friend started a standing ovation. I recone that was his cue to pull the plug on injured gag. I thought that was the most original thing i saw all night. My film ran out when HBK entered, off course i didnt think to bring another one. The flashes going of when He hit the sweet chin music were amazing. Our seats were midlin. Theres was two kids sittting on the back of there seats in front of us. We chanted ''sit the **** down'' at them.We couldnt see anything when they went out of the ring. I recone the bast place to be was on the balconey oppisit the ring with the enterance to your right. The ironic thing is that thoose seats were probebly cheaper. All the little ones were nearly asleap towrads the end. I think we might have seen blood if there wasnt so many kids. The no DQ match was a bit of a jip what with there being just one cheap chair spot when Tomko Felll on it after the insigury. All in All a great night

Originally posted by oneofakind32
    I recone the bast place to be was on the balconey oppisit the ring with the enterance to your right. The ironic thing is that thoose seats were probebly cheaper.

Exactly where I was sitting, facing the very centre of the ring!

My friend told me that she met the wrestlers going into Burger King on Grafton St at 3:30, and Edge was trying to control Jericho cos he seemed a bit hammered. Rhyno was sound and she was asking him if he'd like to go to her house. Jericho was much smaller than she expected too. He left a message on her phone too: "This is Chris Jericho, Ireland is good but Canada's much better, leave a message after the noise (don't know what that's about) I love you all thank you". The Hurricane swung her around too, and she got a hug off Chris.

Her friend kept slagging Canada cos Jericho was going on about how great it was, and she said to Edge, "tell Y2J that Canada is crap", and of course Edge was like, "No, I'm from there too!". Lol. She got a pic with Matt and a hug from Lita, and they were all dead sound.

Why wasn't I there?!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

hey could anyone post some of their pictures? mine came out crap!! some crappy fujifilm camera, and I thought I had some gr8 ones..,..

P5260295.jpg

P5260301.jpg

P5260101.jpg

P5260182.jpg

P5260131.jpg

P5260334.jpg

P5260120.jpg

P5260107.jpg

edit: ehhh sorry about the sizes there

They are some great photos, what are you on about. The one of Jericho and my good buddy Kiebs(!!!!!!) are especially good. Ill have mine tmr or the next day, and ill post the best of them here.

some more then?- again, sorry about the file sizes

P5260046.jpg

P5260043.jpg

P5260058.jpg

P5260076.jpg

P5260091.jpg

P5260123.jpg

P5260187.jpg

P5260283.jpg

right so i was asked if i had any crowd shots.... I don't, but these 3 have some identifiable heads in them.

On the off chance you recognise yourself, pm me your email address & i'll send you a copy of the original if you want. The original images are 2288x1712 pixels so i'm not posting them here

P5260078.jpg

P5260139.jpg

P5260331.jpg

• Advertisement

They're some awesome pics. Much better than my mostly blurred ones.

Originally posted by Fozzy
    They're some awesome pics. Much better than my mostly blurred ones.

too bad i had to take 367 photos to get under 100 even remotely usable ones...

Fair play Pete, some great pics. Thougt i saw me in one of them, but it was actually Batista:rolleyes: .

What do people reckon. Were the majority last night first timers? I reckon so, considering how unbelievably enthuasiastic people were.

I know my neck and throat still hurt from all the WOOOOOOOOOOOO

and what were peoples best match of the night? My persoanl favourite was Edge Vs Flair.

ok this is it - I found 3 more slightly less blurry crowd ones

P5260172.jpg

P5260174.jpg

P5260204.jpg

Originally posted by pete
    too bad i had to take 367 photos to get under 100 even remotely usable ones...

I had to take 198 to get about 30 half decent ones. I never really used my sister's digital camera before, and I thought that the bar that indicates how much space is left in memory was the battery bar, so I kept rushing to take them at the end. Turns out I had plenty of battery, so I could have taken my time. Still got some very good ones though. A nice one of Triple H spitting out his water, looks like his whole upper body has just exploded....

Are ya going to post them Fozzy?

• Advertisement

With a slow internet connection it takes some time. Might get round to it tomorrow.

Im gonna put up a stick with TOD photos.

Would anyone mind slightly altering the file sizes of there photos and sticking there pics on the new thread? The photos you took are brilliant pete, could you tone them down a bit in size and repost them later. I would appreciate it alot. Any one else that has pics,feel free.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Those pictures are class! I can make out exactly where I was sitting in one of them, but it's too dark to even try to make me out in it.

I take it you used a good camera for them rather than the average household one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

i was to your right in black K. Iv a feeling my pics are gonna come back crap

Originally posted by Exit
    I take it you used a good camera for them rather than the average household one?

Olympus C-750 with 10x optical zoom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement