Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with CPU @ 100% problem

Options
  • 27-05-2004 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey all!
    I got a problem with my computer which is annoying the hell outta me! When i boot it takes an absolute age for any program to run! Ive checked the task manager and it notes that the CPU is running at 100%, this never drops below 70%. ive tried stopping processes and stopping apps running @ startup but nothing worked!
    the screen shot below shows processes and cpu percentage. Any ideas on how to solve this much appreciated! Also ive gotten a lot of unwanted out of the blue restarts with no warning! Im running XP service pack 1 on a P3 with 384 mb of ram.

screeny.GIF

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

looks like music match jukebox is using up all your cpu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

the bastard! what should i do? take it outta startup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by sound_wave
    the bastard! what should i do? take it outta startup?

yes do that, only load it up when you need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thanks for the help tuxx! ill do that now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Use microsofts "msconfig" from the run command. go to the startup tab and remove ticks marking anything for musicmatch

• Advertisement
Advertisement