Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was I thinking!

Options
  • 27-05-2004 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Should have gone all-in or folded preflop, hindsight is a great thing. With the emphasis on folded pre-flop.

How did you guys end up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

What was the hand Iago ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ken & Luke (2nd & 3rd).

Good to see 4 of the final 9 were from boards.ie

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

great stuff, well done Ken and Luke.

So in the last 3 weeks boards has had

1st & 3rd - Samson and yours truly

2nd & 5th - Samson and yours truly

and

2nd, 3rd & 6th - Ken, Luke and myself

Not too shabby at all!!

What was the hand Iago ?

It was a nothing hand really, I was in SB and Luke was BB, 6 players remaining blinds were 3,000 and 6,000 and I had 14K left after my small blind.

I had J4h and just flat called Luke, normally I would have thrown it away but I was badly short stacked and couldn't afford to lose the blind. (Hence I should have raised all-in if Iwas going to play to knock Luke off the pot)

Anyway Luke didn't raise and the flop came 2d Qh 4d, so I took a chance that Luke didn't have a Q and went all-in, of course he did have the Q and called, turn was 8h so now I needed a J, 4 or any heart on the river.

River was Qd and that was that. It was a desperation move on my part, I was small stack and with each round costing 9K between SB and BB I didn't have much time to get a hand.

As I said in hindsight I should probably have folded my blind and given myself 4 hands to find something better, but having decided to play I should have went all-in and given Luke a real decision to make...we live and learn

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont you even begin to complain about bad luck!! You should have been gone years earlier if there was any justice in the world! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

It was a desperation move on my part

You know what they say - "desperation is a stinky cologne"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

classic!!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'm happy I came second - can't quite believe i lost though. Maybe 2nd or 3rd hand of heads-up I look down to see Jack-Jack so I raise it to 25k and he calls. Flop comes 3 rags so I move all-in, again he calls. I'm happy until I see he caught be two pair by holding onto two rags - a six and a three before the flop and he got a six three on the flop and I've just lost 650 quid :(. What was he doing calling a 25k bet with a six-three???? There was maybe 120,000 chips between us so 25K is a big call. Would anyone else have called with close to half their stack with a six-three????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

hmmm....no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ya gotta mix it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

had you been stealing the blinds prior to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Nah I was playing pretty solid - In fairness though he couldn't miss all night. He cost me two re-buys earlier in the night when he out-drew me and he should have been gone a couple of times at the final table but he held on. He was dealt a pair of aces three times at the final table FFS!!

Advertisement