Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branded email

Options
  • 27-05-2004 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can anybody here help me as to where I can get email like branded email ,for my site in such as user@mydomain.com for free. I only have about 20 ppl that want email at my site, I want free email.

I don't have enough ppl to justify everyone.net or bigmailbox.com .

Or would I be better buying more mail accounts from my hosting company?

Mary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

did your host not give you some?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you are having issues with your hosting provider providing you with enough email accounts you have two options:
    1. Change provider
    2. Look at using an email facility such as http://www.worldwidecreations.com/messenger6.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

20 mailboxes is fairly minimal provision these days.

One option is to get free email forwarding, which most domain registrars, including ourselves, provide free with domain registrations, allowing you to point unliited number of email addresses @yourdomain.com to other email addresses - ie: @eircom.net / yahoo.com , etc.

HTH, Stephen

Originally posted by steve-hosting36

One option is to get free email forwarding, which most domain registrars, including ourselves, provide free with domain registrations, allowing you to point unliited number of email addresses @yourdomain.com to other email addresses - ie: @eircom.net / yahoo.com , etc.

HTH, Stephen

He's asking about branded email, so I doubt if forwarding would really fit the bill tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maryob1

I have 5 POP accounts with my hosting and for free thats not too bad. But I wanted to give an address at my domain to some of my friends and my dad and so on. I never thought of giving them an address and just redirecting it to their ISP address, I think I have unlimited redirects, I'll have to check.

World Wide Messenger is no good to me cos its $79.95 and my budget is €0.00.

Thanks anyway.

Mary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I get 30 mailboxes - 20GB each - consider a change of host.

Originally posted by buddy
    I get 30 mailboxes - 20GB each - consider a change of host.
    I presume you mean 20MB each. 20GB each is a little on the ridiculous and unnecessary side :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maryob1

LOL 20GB, would take me about 10 years to download with a 56k modem (no BB out here in the bog).

Problem sorted out, have 5 boxes and the rest will set up redirects, never thought of doing it with redirects.

Thanks

Mary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Maybe I misunderstand what branding means?

If someone sends a mail to sales@domain.com and that ends up in companysales@eircom.net, is not the email branded?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by steve-hosting36

I got unlimited webmail/pop accounts with my hosting.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    I got unlimited webmail/pop accounts with my hosting.
    A lot would depend on your hosting provider's pricing model

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Everyone.net's ad sponsored mail is free and can be used for unlimited accounts.

Further info here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by Henri
    Everyone.net's ad sponsored mail is free and can be used for unlimited accounts.

Further info here

Thats pretty popular I deal with a few people who route though ev1.

Advertisement