Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the bes tlooking tft at the moment

Options
  • 27-05-2004 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Samsung 193b

I think so!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

and heres another

Taken from ocuk forums, this guy has another 2 on order!

I think my dell 18" tft will be getting upgraded whenever i get the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mmmmmm, that is secks... proper secks:)
    how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

819? me thinks from komplett

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Formac Gallery 2010. That's the best-looking TFT. Oh yeaah baby.

solutions_gallery2010_03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

This is my favourite, Dell 2001FP:

• Advertisement

Well, actually.. this has to be the sexiest LCD:

top_03182002.jpg

Kinda makes you wanna switch over to a Mac :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

show offs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ah a things I will never have thread.

RT-30LZ13_lge.jpg

30 Inch widescreen monitor 1280 max res.

kdjac

Originally posted by netman
    Well, actually.. this has to be the sexiest LCD:

top_03182002.jpg

Kinda makes you wanna switch over to a Mac :)

You can actually use them on PCs if you buy an ADC -> DVI converter.:ninja:

The Eyegonomic T24 is another beauty. 24" widescreen brushed aluminium body. A snip at €3700. Hubba hubba.

eye_t24.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

are they any good for gaming though?

i know its not the point of the thread, but they can be sexy as hell but if they ghost badly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Those yokes are all fugly monsters.

LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

the LG flatron L1720 is a nice monitor,I got it and think its great value and easy to use, very good for games too. I was told that when looking for a good gaming monitor pick the one with the lowest response time, mine is 16ms which is apparently good.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    are they any good for gaming though?

i know its not the point of the thread, but they can be sexy as hell but if they ghost badly.....

IIRC the Formac is 20ms and is great for games and DVDs. Apple don't seem to publish response times, and I've never had a chance to do any gaming on one - but it is great for DVDs. And the Eyegonomic is a woeful 30ms but it is a big f*ck-off lump of LCD. Not many gamers could afford one, but I don't think that's the market they're after anyway....

I saw Halo on the Apple Cinema Display and it looked fantastic.

The frame rates weren't great, it looked like 20-30fps so it wasn't as smooth as you'd want, but I couldn't see any ghosting. There might be slight ghosting in fast paced games, but I'd say even if there is it should be easy to get used to.

The monitor just looked fantastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by Superman
    the LG flatron L1720 is a nice monitor,I got it and think its great value and easy to use, very good for games too. I was told that when looking for a good gaming monitor pick the one with the lowest response time, mine is 16ms which is apparently good.

Aye, the LG L1720 certainly looks good. Only drawback is that it comes only with analogue connection so you're probably get ghosting.

i think you'll get streaking with the analogue connection.. ghosting is more to do with the response time. or am i getting it wrong? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

the dell 2001FP looks to be the best big gaming tft.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by netman
    i think you'll get streaking with the analogue connection.. ghosting is more to do with the response time. or am i getting it wrong? :)

Your probably right. I meant streaking and not ghosting. Sorry my bad :)

Originally posted by Dman_15
    the dell 2001FP looks to be the best big gaming tft.....

i got it recently and it's a beauty... but there's still ghosting, except it's barely noticable.. just confirms that you can't get the same gaming experience on a tft as the crt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

16 ms is very good but will still give you ghosting. I always imagined that if a fast paced action film does not suffer much from ghosting, you should be ok with games.

i know though just from reading around reviews that response time is not necessarily related to have a good the monitor is and how much it will ghost.

yes in general lower reponse time is better but there could be a monitor with a higher response time but still be better for gaming

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    yes in general lower reponse time is better but there could be a monitor with a higher response time but still be better for gaming

and in other news pigs fly...

no ghosting/streakiong on mine at all, it would be nice if it had a DVI on it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Well, I have the CRT 24" Sony Flatscreen from the Dell ad (the one about buying things you dont need).. :p

It will be great, if and when it gets repaired...

Matt

Originally posted by Superman
    and in other news pigs fly...

no ghosting/streakiong on mine at all, it would be nice if it had a DVI on it tho

response time is not the be all and end all of a good gaming TFT, the hercules DVI prophet one is highly regarded as a gaming monitor and better then a number of TFT's with lower response time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yeah, response time isn't the main factor in ghosting. It's grey to grey response time, some colours are quicker to change than others. When manufacturers give the specs for a TFT it's always to the best case senario.

Advertisement