Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz Super Thursday tonight (27th)

Options
  • 27-05-2004 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Won a ticket last week for the game tonight. Just wondering a few things. Does it start at 9.30 as usual on thursday? Same rules as normal on thursday except this time no buy-ins or top-ups? Will the quality of the players tonight make it totally different to play? Are they more aggressive/tight?

Dont expect to get too far, will just try to hang in there for as long as possible... but wont be afraid to go all-in if AA come along

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

You are in for a bit of a shock. The €250 game is very competitive - not that loose - but very agressive. You'll have a ball though.

Starts after the 6:30 freeroll - about 9:30ish

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

fuq, forgot it was the last thursday of the month. means i'll have to run out of work at six. anyone else going to the freeroll this evening? I'm broke so the big one's not an option for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cmnolan

Didn't know there was a freeroll on at 6:30

Can you confirm that it takes place I can't see anything on their web site.

/C

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its been on every Super Thursday for a few months now. I'm sure it will happen again tonight (as well as the single table tournaments at 30 quid a pop!).

I've played the big game a couple o'times now. Not sure I can give you much advice but I've come 28th and 35th... so I at least got that far!!

They are all good players, there are few rank amateurs who can afford to drop 270 on a night of cards.

Dont show fear. If they think you are hanging onto your chips for dear life, they'll just come over the top of you repeatedly.

Hang on to your chips for dear life :)

See if you can tell how they view you. If they think you are an idiot then dont try to bluff them, they'll just call. If they think you are a rock then steal a bit, if they think you are loose then tighten up dramatically and try to nail someone bad!

Its like the normal game except every table plays like the final table. You'll see some great experience tonight, it highly unlikely you are going to win so relax, enjoy the night and learn from the best!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Your right about hanging in there DeV. I did - all the way till the end. Not only that but it was me and Whiteshadow heads up going for the gold.

Where to start? The first decent had I had I got lucky. Was down to 3000, I called an all-in for 2600. The raiser had gone all in 2 mins before so i figuered he was on the steal. He turned over KK much to my suprise, my AQs wasn't looking too good anymore. 2 queens on the board for me and a lucky double though. Worked my way down to the last 25 or so with a nice stack - about 35,000 when the blinds were 500/1000. Then my A,K let me down which left me with 23,000. Still very good shape but now I was in 'hang on to my chips mode'. Usual situation when it gets to the last 2 tables. All-ins left right and centre, just hanging on for dear life.

Down to the final table and still had about 22,000 but the blinds were 3000/6000 now. My 22,000 had turned into 12,000 and I made my stand with A,Q. 2 callers tripled me through when a Q came down, now I was back in business.

Got down to the last 6 I think when they wanted to make a deal €2,000 each. I was very tempted as I was only 4th at best in the chips. Never has my no deals policy paided off so well. Whiteshadow made some big calls at the final table, knocking 2 maybe 3 players out.

Down to last 2 Whiteshadow had a decent chip lead over me. The hand that changed it all - I had 9,6. I think he called the BB and I checked. Flop came 9, and 2 lower cards. I bet he called. Turn came another blank I went all-in he called. He was on a flush draw that brought no help on the river and I won a huge pot. Few mins later it was over. He was in the SB and went all-in, it was about 30,000 more to me, I had about 200,000 at this stage. I called with K,3 he had 5,6 no help for him and King high brought €7,200 - very nice tip for the dealers.

Amazing night, well done to Mick on a great performance, he made some gutsy calls and on another night he would have won it. 2 young Boardies heads-up in the big one, it doesn't get much better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Well done lads.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Brilliant lads. Well done. I was there but very uneventful night. Absolute rags all night. Best hand i got was 6s and i had to go all in to get some chips. Finally made a stand with A10s and walked the plank. Enjoyed it, but pity the cards didn't come my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

ssssssssoooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeee buuuzzzzz!!!! :D:D

well done to davey 'doesn't do deals' devil

feels good today huh!?
    go on the boards underdogs...!!

so glad that we didn't all split it and take the 2,000!

(those lucky ted nugent glasses really paid off :cool: !!!)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

wow! Played DD and WS!!
    I didnt get a ticket despite 3 near misses in the satelites but I had a good laugh with Joe and a few of the regulars.
    I was about to walk home when I rememered I had 10 money chips and threw them on the Blackjack table. two hands later I had the 30 quid for a fast satelite: blinds double every hand!!
    By the time I was knocked out (3rd last) the blinds were at 128,000 and even the SB was forcing people all in!! It was a bit of crack though (you should have seen Jim playing it, he was a scream!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I think I got knocked out at your table whiteshadow. Were you at table one sitting next to the big fellow. I was the one who came down from upstairs and changed your luck!!!! Two of us got knocked out by the player to your right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

It was my second night there - got to the last 8 in the free-in tournament. Got a poker of Jacks, but then blew my stack on the next hand.

Had a few crazy lucky all ins after that - went all in with 56 against AA - flop came up 234! Fecking class. Hung in for a coupla hands (doubled through a few times), but just didnt have enough chips to make a difference. Still....8th on my second night - nice one.

Had a fiver chip and went playing blackjack (literally to make "one bet"). Got an unstoppable lucky streak. Turned it into 140 in about 2 hours. HA HA. Laughed all the way home! I LOVE IT! :)

Go whiteshadow comin second - mustve been the t-shirt.

YAAAAA!

Hi careca,
    yup that was me...
    thanks for the change of luck !!!
    what sort of comission do you charge
    ;)
    Two of us got knocked out by the player to your right

there was just no stopping that guy for a while...
    his K, 10 stood up about 4/5 times for him.
    he was destroying everything in his wake!

Hard luck Evil_Bilbo... good buzz on the blackjack though!

i'm hanging today.
    (shakes fist at Davey 'no deals' Devil
    ...sleeping well i take it? using you're bankroll as a pillow most likely!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

well done davey, drinks ARE on you on this saturday night!!! roll on the next TN classic........ :D

edit: sorry whiteshadow well done too! no mean feat i tell thee, sure davey must owe ya a little for knocking the others out eh!? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well done lads. Time to start giving poker lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

lol. go davey. wanna buy a scooter?

congrats to whiteshadow too.

thanks guys... second time ever at a final table for me.
    first one was getting the ticket in the first place!!!

and i just won 4 quid on a 2 euro allcash gold.
    doubling up... oh yeah. im on a roll!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Incredible results for boards people - keep it up!

I made an early exit last night - I was getting incredible cards for a while and built up quite a nice stack.

Got the Aces 3 times on the first table - played them very aggressively each time as I have been burnt too much in recent times to play them slowly.

I won the first 2 times but Vivienne cracked them the third time when he called a substantial pre-flop raise with 77 and hit his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Cracking results guys well done thats fantastic news.

Came 10th myself in the freeroll started off very well and then went a bit off the rails even going all in with 10,J at one stage(and it stood BTW) Got knocked out with AQ Vs his 5,5

Also played in a €30 satelite blinds raising every hand and came 2nd no Prizes for that though. Must question it though, 10 players paid €30 thats 300 what happened to the other €30???

Hey WhiteShadow with a run like that going what numbers are you picking in the Lotto this weekend ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The €30 goes to the dealer of the STT

Advertisement