Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best resident evil game?

Options
  • 27-05-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Just wonderin what you all think the best resident evil game is. I think the new one is gonna blow them all away

What's the best resident evil game? 35 votes

Zero
    0% 0 votes
    5% 2 votes
    25% 9 votes
    3 nemesis
    42% 15 votes
    code veronica X
    17% 6 votes
    other
    8% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

3 was my favourite, followed by 1, 2, Zero and REmake (in that order)
    the most recent 2 just felt so... stale (apart from the jubberly graphics)
    hopefully 4 will change all of that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I havnt played any on the game cube yet actually but even when I plaed 2 on the n64 I couldnt go through it. Im not a fan of ports. I liked it on the playstation. I may get the original remake on gamecube cause it looks like they tried. the others just look like rubbish. except zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

2 is my favourite. It's better than 1 in every way but was released before the gameplay got boring like the ones that followed. Not that Nemesis, Zero, CV and Remake were bad they were just, as Tman said, stale.

Still though I wish they'd remake 2 with those loverly graphics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Hmm now this isnt as clear cut as the FF poll. (For a start you left out REmake in the poll, damn you!!) But i think its a dead heat between REmake, and Resident evil 2.
    RE2 was such a classic, all the multiple endings, different scenarios, the lickers, Mr X crashing through walls and giving you a heart attack every 5 friggin minutes, the final FINAL ending was brilliant, and the opening CG was absolutely incredible.
    "That guys a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!"

REmake was just genius tho, the defence weapons, the hunters actually being scary instead of just looking like big frogs, sexual chocolate graphics, the shotgun, ah! So many memories. But what ill mostly remember was the laughter. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely Resi 2 for me. Closely followed by the Resi 1 remake and the original Resi 1 Love them all though. 2 was the biggest evolution of the series so far and had the best bosses. Mr. X is one of the classic videogame bad guys although I liked Nemesis. And the ending on the train was brilliant. Resident Evil 3 felt far shorter and Resi Zero felt a little rushed although it did have Bec Becs. Haven't played too much of RE:CV. Have to get back to it when ever I get a new bastid cheaply made PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

REmake by far, the girl in the chains made that game for me, scared me ****less the first time i met her. Also loved the zombies new persistance, after that i would have to go for the original, zero, 2, 3, and code veronica. I really liked them all apart from CV which sucked major ass. But I have to add, Silent hill 3 is better than them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    But I have to add, Silent hill 3 is better than them all.
    TBH i thought SH3 was the weakest int he series so far. Hated the stupid happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

what you on about tman , the REmake is much beter than the original if you ask me...

if it had been released 8 years ago, it would have been better. as it is, it's just resident evil 1 with a couple of bells and whistles slapped on.
    i wasn't even all that impressed by the graphics (compared to resi 0)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Resi 2, even though it was stupidly easy to complete with an A rank. We had no memory card, and thus had to run like a maniac, in case We died. We completed it in under two hours (we being me and one of my mates who took over when the game got too much, plus it was new :D) We had so many herbs unused, that we didn't need to get sprays, and we couldn't carry the SubMachine gun. Leons scenario A though, had a bit more trouble with Claires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Resident Evil 2 is my favourite as well.

It just had so much replay value in it.

I did like Code Veronica, but I played it on the Dreamcast and the graphics were very good at the time... by the time it came out on the PS2, I'd imagine it was begining to look a bit tired.

I like the fact that Veronica had alot of Human characters to interact with.. that was a big problem I had with Zero, which I didn't like at all for some reason.

Loved the remake though... especially the scary girl in chains...

Has anyone one tried Project Zero? That's by far the scariest game I've ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 (someguy)

What about hunk and tofu ? they MADE that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It has to be the first one. The levels were wonderfully designed, the gameplay innovative and the atmosphere incredible. Then the chap who designed the game went on to do other projects and whoever took over the sequels turned them into hundrum action games. Definately not a good idea considering how clunky the controls are.

RE4 should be a return to form though. They've got the creator of the first game back on board and they're making the first serious changes to the forumula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CV for me, i was blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

the original was the best, closely followed by 2

was still young at the time of release and i remember the original scaring the bejebus out of me (what was release date again? got i was still a young lad at the time :p, 22 now..)

but anyway... yeh the original :)

some time in 1996 i think...
    possibly around the same time that the game was set (meh burfdeh :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'd have to go with Code Veronica. Same as someone up thread, I played it on Dreamcast, when the graphics still had the wow factor. The storyline was really great, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it through to the end with both characters.

After CV, I'd go with Resi 2 or REmake. Mr X was so damn cool! I didn't think much of Resi 3 or Zero tbh, they were the ones that felt stale to me.

Can't wait for Resi 4 :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Id go for 2 by a mile it was to good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Deadwing
    TBH i thought SH3 was the weakest int he series so far. Hated the stupid happy ending.
    you obviously didn't see the other 2.......don't want to ruin them but at least one will have you wetting your pants

far better than the resident evil endings anyway, apart from the cool cheesy guitar music from the credits of the RE1, I really liked the ending to zero aswell actually.....

Advertisement