Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Final Fantasy game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well it was the limitation of the engine i guess. Would you rather have a 2d map or very basic and crap 3d one? I think the way they did it was the best they could have done with what they had.

At least they had the search-for-cooridinates type of thing which sadly is absent in X-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I know it was due to the limitations of the engine, same as the fact that when fights start there's a loading screen and also it's prolly the reason they still have random battles rather than enemies on screen.

It's still an annoyance. Just an understandable/bearable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dekken

VII all the way, although they might have had blocks for hands... the game had everything you wanted and everything you didnt know you wanted until you played it.

Anyone played Unlimited Saga? cause i saw it in game the other day and thought it looked pretty sweet, if some one has some insight in this game i would much appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Cloud all the way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't played Unlimited Saga but it is getting atrocious reviews and is meant to both suck and blow. The previous Saga games were terrible as well. My advice: Steer clear and buy Disgaea instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'd have to go with FF6. Was the first FF game I played back on SNES and I just love the huge cast of characters, the music & the epic storyline was wonderful.

In my personal opinion, Square's best work was on SNES, haven't been able to connect with any of the PS ones.

Adore & still play Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana & FFVI.

ps- I voted for FF3 by accident, cos with the American cartridge I have, FF6 is labelled FF3 so I slipped up with that one, d'oh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Sadly they peaked at 7 and have not been close since. I didn't even bother getting that X-2 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Why does everyone say Kefka was a great baddy?

He was childish, over the top and just crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kefka was great. He was totally insane. And the laugh cracked me up every time.

Have to Mention FF Tactics for PS1. Great game. One of the best FF games and also one of the hardest games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Retr0gamer

Have to Mention FF Tactics for PS1. Great game. One of the best FF games and also one of the hardest games ever.

is that the one that came on on GBA then also?

• Advertisement

The one on the GBA is a very different game. Different stories and quite a difference in battle systems. The GBA game is more about the battles. The PS1 game has a very good story and a far better battle system. There is a huge difference in difficulty between the two games. I don't think there has been a more difficult game than Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 since R-type 1+2 while the GBA game is quite easy early on (although I've heard it gets harder for the last few fights).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

7 was the best of the lot, I liked 9 & 10 aswell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

has to be 7 .... had everythin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Fianna

Definitely FFVII for me. Playing through it again now. The music is great, couldn't believe it when I found the piano sheet music for all of the themes. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

final fantasy tactics advance (gba)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

7 or 8 for me! :cool:

X and X-2 just suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thomas/paul

final fantasy x is the best with out a dout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

FFVII definately. One of the greatest games I've ever played. Fantastic storyline, so much to do and fascinating characters. You could even breed chocobos! (I remember trying desperately to breed the elusive black chocobo for ages! - jasus i was only a kid playing this game, oh how time has flown by )

Remember the scene when Sephiroth killed the little flower girl? One of the pivotal moments in RPG history, god I wanted to kill that son of a bi*ch (and I did :D)

EDIT: Whoa! Check this out - http://www.ffshrine.org/ffac/ffac.php . They're making a movie about the events after FFVII! I must get this.

Advertisement