Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dvd site delivery times are slow??

Options
  • 27-05-2004 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Over the past year, i have been regularly ordering dvds from online websites such as play.com, cdwow.com, amazon.com and blackstar.com.
    Now last week on Thurday i was advised by Blackstar/sendit.com that my order for the RotK DVD was shipped and a week later there is still no sign of it. How can it take so fricking long just to ship a dvd from somewhere in the UK to Dublin? A week has already passed and if a previous order from play.com is anything to go by, it could take a total of 14 days just to reach me?? I mean where is the actual delay coming from? I understand that play.com ship their products through jersey islands or something like that but i don't think Blackstar do the same. Or dare i say it that it already arrived in dublin a few days ago but the shoddy postal service in Ireland ensures that it will take a week to actually leave the main sorting office.....
    so what do you guys reckon, can anyone shed any light on these painfully slow delivery times from the UK to Ireland????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Ireland used to be in the 1st class zone for postage from the uk - so if you put a first class stamp on the letter, it would get sent airmail to Ireland. This changed a while ago, and a first class stamp is now only enough to qualify your mail for surface shipping, which is very very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I ordered some films from Pricestorm last Friday morning and I received them this morning.
    Lightning fast service.
    I have always found the services from Play,Amazon and Pricestorm to be very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by bada_bing
    I mean where is the actual delay coming from?
    If you assume (as I do) that the likes of Play, Amazon and CD-wow are telling the truth when they say something has shipped, the delay is most likely in the wonderful Royal Mail. Stuff from Play always takes a week to get to me - never less, never much more. CDwow stuff has arrived in two days and it's arrived in a week. Stuff from Amazon can take anything up to three weeks. Might be my adress but I doubt it, middle of a city and I have a house number. I blame the gremlins in Milton Keynes. I've found An Post pretty good, all things considered so I'm tending to blame the unaward-winning UK service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

It took sendit (Blackstar) 8 days to deliver 2 dvds to me last week.

Today I got an email at 3.30pm from CD-Wow saying that 2 dvds were shipped today ONLY I received them in the post this morning ordered last Friday night.

I also have received dvds from Empire, Dvdsoon & Dvdcrave anything from 3 days to 14 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Today I got an email at 3.30pm from CD-Wow saying that 2 dvds were shipped today ONLY I received them in the post this morning ordered last Friday night.

exact same thing Somano...i think cdwow are fibbing a small bit...

Although i think they are trying to make themselves look good anticipating it might take a few more days e.g. thursday for them to arrive even though they sent a few days earlier than they actually admit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

well today i finally got the dvd from blackstar/sendit.com, so it took approximately 12 days to reach me!!!:mad: i think a previous poster indicated that the delay is due to Royal Mail and i believe that is the case as i ordered a dvd from cdwow.com on Thursday last week and i received it yesterday which was monday, i was gobsmacked!!!!!!! it appears they ship their products from Sweden and it was mailed direct to Ireland so Royal Mail were not involved at all.
    so i would advise others to buy online from cdwow.com which is what i will be doing from now on.

bada - have you tried www.cd-wow.com.hk the prices are usually cheaper than .com. Get your currency calculations at Currency Converter

PS - the link is not working.Sometimes you have to play around with the link as it seems to automatically divert you to .com

Somano, that used to be the case as far as i can remember but i think you get a better deasl now from www.cdwow.com and pay in sterling...at the end of the transaction you have the option to change to euros and it is always cheaper than if you went to the irish site direct as they do a straight conversion from the original sterling price not a "nice round figure like €9.99 but something like €8.66"

Evry bit helps

Dwayne

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

hey somano, i am aware of the cheaper prices on the .hk site but not all dvds are available through that site, so i bought it off cdwow.com which is cheaper than cdwow.ie as everyone should know since the euro prices are marked up....
    thanks for letting me know anyway.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Remeber that the European elections are on at the moment so there is a huge increase in the amount of post that is being processed at the minute.

• Advertisement

Remeber that the European elections are on at the moment so there is a huge increase in the amount of post that is being processed at the minute.

That shouldn't add a week etc onto delivery times, they should be well able to handle the extra bit of spam snail mail e.g. Xmas!!!

I see what you mean Dwayne, Kill Bill quoted at 11.56 euro on .com which is $110HK ie same price compared to €12.99 on .ie. Must have a scout in .com now..............

Advertisement