Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office products not printing!

Options
  • 27-05-2004 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to fix a problem on a windows 98 system with Office 2000, basically none of the office products will print while notepad, Internext Explorer, Wordpad etc.. print fine. It's not formatting or anything complicated as just a single letter in a Word doc will not print.
    It's not giving any errors and appears to print successfully according to printer dialog.

This has me baffled, as it was working fine for a long time and all of a sudden just stopped.

/me thinks it could be a virus, off to check the MS security updates for Office 2000..

Anybody ever heard of this happening, any thoughts/ideas..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

When printing from an Office app, try looking at the page setup. Maybe it's set to Letter instead of A4 and it's causing grief in the printer driver or paper feed in the printer.

What printer is it? Tried going to the manufacturer's web site? Or googling around for similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

No luck yet with google.

It's wierd when I try to print a document from Word/Excel the printer attempts to load the page but then just stops. I have tried resetting all Page Setup settings to default, and also deleting normal.dot so Word would create a new one, but to no avail.

What printer make/model?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Lexmark Z33

I can't think of anything. You could try installing something like FinePrint which sits between your application and your printer driver. It allows you to print multiple pages to a single page but it also allows you to bypass it. Might be worth installing it and seeing if you can print through it. The only other thing I could think of would be to uninstall/reinstall the printer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement