Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goal of the Season

• 27-05-2004 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

What was everyones favourite goal this season?

For me, three of lazy Laurent Roberts goals stand out, the two against Spurs (i think?) and then the crazy overhead thing he did (cant remember who against).
    Seeing as I cant decide between those three, I'll pick a different goal altogether and say...

Thierry Henry vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap

Seeing as I cant decide between those three, I'll pick a different goal altogether and say...

Thierry Henry vs Liverpool

Less a great goal, more a lessen how to defend poorly...

Mind you, Henry deserves it. A game towards the end of the season where he jus belted from outside the box and the poor keeper just looked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Less a great goal, more a lessen how to defend poorly...

Mind you, Henry deserves it. A game towards the end of the season where he jus belted from outside the box and the poor keeper just looked..

Hmm.. the man city game is it? Yeah great goal

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hamann's goal UTV showed during the CL final show last night was absolutely amazing. It's one thing hitting a belter into the top corner from outside the box, it's another thing altogether hitting it on the volley first time when it's flying across you. Shame he can't do it more often though :)

I recall some of Robert's goals were very impressive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

if the cup matches count then Jay Jay Okhocha's free kick against villa, that was magical!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hammans goal was voted best of the season by ITV viewers which may be a disservice!

Here it is in all its glory....er its still not ITV sport website!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Laurent Robert's second goal in that game against Spurs in January was my goal of the season.

Also, Shearer's goal against Chelsea was superb, Kanoute for Tottenham (25 yarder, might have been against Southampton, not sure), and Alex Rae scored a superb goal near the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Laurent Robert's second goal in that game against Spurs in January was my goal of the season.

Also, Shearer's goal against Chelsea was superb, Kanoute for Tottenham (25 yarder, might have been against Southampton, not sure), and Alex Rae scored a superb goal near the start of the season.

kanoute was against everton. was a beaut,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Shearer Goal against Chelsea , although to be honest i taught the ball swerved the way it did cause he was off balance . Still he held off Desaily well

oh and Lillian Nalis for Leicester against Leeds

Originally posted by kaids
    Hamann's goal UTV showed during the CL final show last night was absolutely amazing. It's one thing hitting a belter into the top corner from outside the box, it's another thing altogether hitting it on the volley first time when it's flying across you. Shame he can't do it more often though :)

I recall some of Robert's goals were very impressive too.

Yeah remember that, was genius.

Originally posted by jobonar
    if the cup matches count then Jay Jay Okhocha's free kick against villa, that was magical!!!!!

Genius too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Has to be down between Hamman, Robert and Shearer but I suppose Hamman has to take it the technique and fact he was in mid air when he hit it was cracking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Have to go with Didi Hamann's goal v Portsmouth. Absolute peach, and it was the most technically difficult of all the volleyed goals mentioned to execute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by yop
    Has to be down between Hamman, Robert and Shearer but I suppose Hamman has to take it the technique and fact he was in mid air when he hit it was cracking
    it really was something else alright!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm really a fan of Saha's goal againist Fulham.
    When Howard distributed really quickly to Ronaldo, who passed it to Saha you made an excellent first touch then ran like hell and hammerred it some.

Reminds me how Schmeichal used to set up goals :)

I think Henry's vs. Man Utd was a wonder strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

it has to be either shearer or Hamann but being slightly biased and the fact that, as was already said, the technique needed to hit that shot was harder than shearer's i'd say Hamann

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Michael Owen against Newcastle on the last day of the season, purely because I was there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Gerrard's pass for Owen's goal in that match was sublime.

And as for Hamann's volley. Class goal. It was about time he scored one of them as well. It'd been a long while since one of his long range shots that he's so fond of trying went in.

I also though Delap's overhead for Southampton was a great goal as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

SWP against Man united was a fantastic goal but for me it has to be hamann
    Hamanns was an absolute screamer

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Lilian Nalis for Leicester against Leeds/Man City. That was a cracker.

Originally posted by JippoKelly
    Gerrard's pass for Owen's goal in that match was sublime.

Yeah the pass was incredible. It made it to Football365's pass of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Laurent Robert's free kick against Liverpool in the FA Cup...

it went swoosh :) and Dudek had no chance

Advertisement