Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom

Options
  • 27-05-2004 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

I've got a quick question here, my dads planing on switching our voice calls over to smart telecom from eircom. Would doing this have any effect on our dsl? It seems to me that it shouldn't but then again this is eircom we're talking about...

Thanks,

JohnK.

btw. My dad asked the rep who rang us and their response was: "Whats dsl?" :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

switching voice calls NO
    switching billing (single billing including line rental and calls but NOT DSL) OOOOPPPPS you could be the first to find out

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for the reply Muck. Its supposed to be only the voice calls that are being switched over but I guess I'll find out soon enough if the the dsl dies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

We've just got some forms in the post and its saying that it will "... transfer all telephony and ancillary services applicable on the above accounts..."

Will that include DSL or am I just being paranoid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Email them and ask for a supervisor, I'd be nervous too TBH as they do not offer DSL .

The wording u posted implies that they will take over Voicemail (if provisioned) which they can't do either. All they are offering you is a per minute billed outdial service.

M

Advertisement