Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legendary Audi

Options
  • 27-05-2004 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Greetings
    Anybody know where you could get hold of a mid-late 80's Audi coupe, the road going version of the classic group B rally car...
    i was interested in getting hold of an unusual motor, as i don't really want a 'normal' performance car.. although the golf gti is an option. i think the Audi shared the platform of the uglier VW Scirocco.., but i'm not 100% on engines.. i think they came in 1.8 and 2.3 litre versions. I know it would be hard to get one in good nick, but i saw a wine one with a latvian reg the other day that was mint... and i wanted it!!
    So if you've ever had one, or know where i could view one that would be great.

K. D. Frog..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of these per-chance?

Rare...

audi_coupe_christian_2.jpg

1984_Audi_Coupe_GT_Turbo.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmm! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

thats the baby... its a car i've always liked, and i saw a crazy rally based version two years ago in the states.. specially built for the Pikes Peak hill climb... it's an animal... carried the fastest woman ever up the hill,

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Originally posted by Kermitt
    thats the baby... its a car i've always liked, and i saw a crazy rally based version two years ago in the states.. specially built for the Pikes Peak hill climb... it's an animal... carried the fastest woman ever up the hill,

I left me electron microscope at work. Here's some bigger pics of the Pike's Peak car:

326ph20g.jpg

326ph12g.jpg

Scariest Pike's Peak machine had to be that twin-engined Escudo thing though :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Used to be a very popular car up North.
    I'd imagine there are still a few to be had.
    VRT should also be minimal due to the age of the car.
    Try autotrader, belfast telegraph, newry reporter .......

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Neighbour of mine has one of those quattros - doesn't use it as his everyday car though. Beautiful thing to have but beware of the expense of owning one. Apparently they're not the most reliable and parts cost a fortune. Not to mention insurance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

There are some sweet ones across the water for around the five grand sterling mark:

Click Here

Or Here

Or Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Thank you good people... I shall get my shopping trolley out

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

saw an 88 shortwheel base 4motion for 18,000 in the autotrader! lol

Advertisement