Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x800 pro to xt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Phemo & Chris_UK from OcUK have just modded their pros to XTs:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17229767&perpage=30&pagenumber=6

working1.JPG

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If you convert an X800Pro to to an X800XT will both cards have the same overclocking potentail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by Sir Random
    Phemo & Chris_UK from OcUK have just modded their pros to XTs:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17229767&perpage=30&pagenumber=6

Well so far its only them that have successfully convert the X800 pros to XT and its only done on Sapphires. Also there are speculation that since the news of these 3 guys got to active the 4 pipelines, OCUK has been selling those cards like mad $$$$$ caching :) I havent read anyone else who has got it working. From the looks of it, its not an easy procedure and if done wrongly could make you brand new Euro400++ into a paperweight.

Originally posted by Azza
    If you convert an X800Pro to to an X800XT will both cards have the same overclocking potentail?

Yes it would have the same overclocking potention IF you could convert it.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

nVidia's new drivers are out today (3/6) so that should give us a better idea of how good the 6800u really is.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Except it seems likely ATI will change the cards in the future so that it will become much more dangerous to mod them - basically fusing the 4 pipelines to render them useless. Moding the cards now may work but in the future I doubt it, wait for the sob stories to start coming in in a couple of weeks, "I fried my 400 euro card!!!!" as the post subject:ninja:.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Well so far its only them that have successfully convert the X800 pros to XT and its only done on Sapphires. Also there are speculation that since the news of these 3 guys got to active the 4 pipelines, OCUK has been selling those cards like mad $$$$$ caching :) I havent read anyone else who has got it working. From the looks of it, its not an easy procedure and if done wrongly could make you brand new Euro400++ into a paperweight.

Yes it would have the same overclocking potention IF you could convert it.

As far as i know the x800 pro uses 2.2ns ram and the x800xt uses 2.0ns ram so the xt should still oc better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt
    As far as i know the x800 pro uses 2.2ns ram and the x800xt uses 2.0ns ram so the xt should still oc better.

Be that as it may, I think the reason why all the guy are doing this is that you can get the pro cheaper than the XT. Even if you cant overclock it to XT speed, you sure can come close to it and at a cheaper price.

Advertisement