Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour of defiance- night 2

• 28-05-2004 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

What a focking night that was!!!

Our seats were a bit lousy so we had to keep running up and back from security but had a good view for most of the show. Got a handslap off the Fink!!

The Benoit - HHH match was amazing with some hilarious banter with the 'you tapped out' chants.

Batsita is HUGE and his spinebuster on Benoit was mega!
    Kane - Shelton was pretty good with Kane getting a lot of support.

Edge, Jericho, HBK vs Evolution was a good fun match with some excellent spots.
    The Fit Finlay and Johnny Nitro segment was awesome with one motherfocker of a tombstone at the end.

The first few matches weren't that great. Also the hurricane match was fantastic, Did anyone see where he came from???

The crowd was unbelieveably hot all night and the stupid event staff were pretty much powerless by the end of the night such was the amount of people out of their seats which pleased me. Don't make people pay 50euro and give them sh1t seats.
    All in all it was fantastic!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What was the exact card fella?

And who the f**k is Fit Finlay??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by gimmick
    And who the f**k is Fit Finlay??

tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Yeah just got in there myself it was the best ever.

Stephanie looks amazing. All the divas did.

The best part of the night was when the security destroyed the fella that got in the ring for HHH and Benoit but it was a bit iffy it could have been a set up.

All in all best night I had in a long time. Next time they come to Dublin I will definately go and will someone tell Finkle to get where we are right we are not Northern Ireland we are Ireland so come to Ireland not Northern Ireland.

If anyone got any good photos of the night post a few let us see.

Originally posted by pete
    tut tut

Jesus, I didnt think i was that much out of the loop! Im totally bloody lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Fit Finlay is an agent with WWE now, he used to wrestle. He's from Belfast, and he's accredited with making the women's division better, among other things. You often see him on tv with the EMT's and ref's in certain segments.

Sounds pretty decent anyway, wonder if it was better than the first night?

• Advertisement

HHMMMMM. It does sound good, but HHH Vs HBK on the first night? I really wish I went to both now.

F**K!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by gimmick
    What was the exact card fella?

Lita and Matt vs Tomko and Trish

Rhyno vs Grenier

Conway vs Eugene

HBK/Edge/Jericho vs EVolution without HHH

Victoria vs Molly

Nitro and Cade vs Hurricane

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin

HHH vs Benoit

NO!!!! Johnny Nitro was wrestling on the second night! And I missed him!

Decent card, I'd say the first night's card was better though. Anyone seen both shows?

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    Lita and Matt vs Tomko and Trish

Rhyno vs Grenier

Conway vs Eugene

HBK/Edge/Jericho vs EVolution without HHH

Victoria vs Molly

Nitro and Cade vs Hurricane

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin

HHH vs Benoit

And who won?

Did Tomko suck as badly as Weds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Yes Tomko sucked, big time - he missed several moves (one I remember most was the failed atomic drop, he actually jumped up for matt hardy).

All in all it was fantastic, we had great seats, up on the balcony right in front of HHH doing his intro spit - very cool esp when the camera's went off not something I'll forget for a long time.

The first few matches were ok...nothing special but the 3man tag match, the HHH vs Benoit, kane Vs Shelton and then Nitro getting his ass kicked match just made the night.

All the Diva's were very nice ;) Fav was stacey, man she's got long legs!!!

I have 3 things I was annoyed about

1) No signing outside before or after - Had my nephew with me, for weeks no months he was asking will we get to get autographs...they could of come out for 10 mins...
    2) Very little talk or crowd wind-ups except at the end with Benoit and HHH (and that was really good, they got the crowd going, they should of done that at the begining of the night, and I was disapointed NOT to hear Y2J run his mouth :()
    3) Edge -When he entered he was more interested in filming his home movie (came in with a vid camera) he never bothered to get the crowd excited, big let down...

Apart from the small issues above, I loved it and will def go again if and when they return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

I went to both nights, the fights were differents , both nights were FANTASTIC!!

I don't have any pictures. Anyone ? :)

Oh one thing : FUC* TICKETMASTER , ALL OF THEM!!

ALthough it did not spoil the night, I paid 192 euro for me and my mates, all this to get seats at the very back behind the stairs where everyone was going back and forth...

You pay a fortune and you don t even get to chose where you seat, it is a gamble.

Also, I had a spare ticket, I asked politely if they were taking back spare tickets, and the girl implied I was a tout and looked down on me, the b....

NB: if they have so many spare tickets why the hell are they putting everyone under pressure and announce a 15 mn sold out on their website ..

Anyway, back to intersting stuff : Stephanie looks even better in real life doesn;t she ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hughobrien

Edge -When he entered he was more interested in filming his home movie (came in with a vid camera) he never bothered to get the crowd excited, big let down...

Edgeran around the ring for ages afterwards, slapping hands. And anyway, if we can film it, why can't he? :)

But the best match of the night has to be Eugene Vs Conway. Especially when William Reagal punched Grenier for interfering and casually fixes his suit and walks away as if nothing happened.

As for who won (and it shouldn't be that much of a surprise):

Lita and Matt vs Tomko and Trish :- Lita and Matt won

Rhyno vs Grenier :- Rhyno wupped ass. I think he was actually shocked by the crowds reaction. It was great.

Conway vs Eugene :- Eugene won in won of the funniest matches I've seen.

HBK/Edge/Jericho vs EVolution without HHH :- HBK/Edge/Jericho won

Victoria vs Molly :- In a very short and unimpressive match, Victoria won and pulled off Molly.

Nitro and Cade vs Hurricane :-Hurricane won. And in what I can only call unconvincing acting, Nitro is beaten up, then pops up as if nothing happened! He introduces Fit Finley and smacks him around a bit. And in true wrestling fashion, Finley fights back, gives Nitro a piledriver and the crowd went wild. I don't know if I'm being a little gullible, but does anyone else think Finley actually really did do some damage to Nitro? He seemed completly unconsious when he was carried away.

Kane vs Shelton Benjamin :- Kane won

HHH vs Benoit :- This was a good match. The trash talking at the start went on for about half an hour. The fight itself was a little slow moving, mainly submission holds, which aren't very exciting to watch, but there were some great moves in there. Benoit won in he end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Edgeran around the ring for ages afterwards, slapping hands. And anyway, if we can film it, why can't he?

Cause we paid money to see him, he didnt pay us did he????? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hughobrien

Touché:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Man I am so bummed I didnty go to both the shows. They were totally diferent. I would have loved to have seen the Lita/Matt V Trish/Tomoko match. I cant convay how upset I didnt go to both now.

Regarding the Belfast shows, you have to remember that in America, 100 miles is down the road, here, its another country. They dont see it as a problem for us. And why should they? Ive already talked to a bunch of people that are going to the Belfast shows.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Aye, already got my ticket for Belfast

The only think that suprised me was the reaction Rhyno got - so much for McMahon thinking Rhyno is not a worthy mid-carder yet - the ECW chant on the first night was quality, and when we called for the Gore, man it was so beautiful I thought I would start weeping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Actually that ECW chant was brilliant. I remember being one of the first to scream it. I think Rhyno was trying to hold his smile back. Was a brillaint moment.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

anyone else notice how shocked some of the wrestlers were when they came out - I remember the first night HBK, Naitch, Orton and Rhyno looking somewhat bemused at the rabid reaction we gave them - hope this proves that we as wrestling fans are the most rabid :) granted it was an average house show for them, but even still the shocking noise we made was fantastic - hopefully it will encourage them to come back and do even bigger shows

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Yeah the crowd was awesome bar the molly holly match which was a bit boring. Did anybody see where the hurricane came from, i was looking at the entranceway and all of a sudden he appeared in the ring!!!
    It made me realise what a hard job these guys have, they have to do that for four nights in a row and be ready to do raw in america by monday!!
    Especially when guys like Benoit and HHH really gave us their all, I think a lot of people should have a renewed respect for HHH after seeing him live and stop giving him so much stick.

I for one was never a HHHater. I think most of those people are the same people who complain about everything from the weather to the eircom League. I thouht he was an outstanding performer.

In fact, I thought Sylvan Granier was great as well. He worked well with the crowd "Who sucks now huh?" - "YOU SUCK!!"

Hopefully it will become an annual event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

It was unreal.I stayed at the Jurys near the point,and there was loads of wrestling fans there.Anyone else here stay there?I also tried to start an ECW chant,but didnt work.I chanted it hard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I recone the more hardcore (not the wrestling style) fans were up early to get there tickets for the wednesday show, while others just went to check if they were sold outlater on in the day and got thursday tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I was sort of dissapointed, actually. Thats not to say that I didn't enjoy myself; I did hugely. However, the matches were not nearly as good as the crowd reaction, specially the Rhyno Vs Sylvien match, and the Matt Hardy/ Lita Vs Tomko and Trish match.

The six-man tag was great though. I was shocked when HBK's music hit. I assumed it would be Shelton.

The main event was fun too. Benoit used that pint of Guiness line a bit much though, although it was cool.

Was anyone else waiting at the big steel door,where the wrestlers bus was?We had to go away,but did they come out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Yeah it was the f**king best thing ive ever been too. All the Divas are really hot in real life even Steph. All the entrances were brilliant Kane is focking huge.

I cant wait till they come back to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

I havent had such a great time in ages, it was class. On the first night there wasnt much security by the entrance way and a few people noticed that the wrestlers stood there watching matches for it. By the second night I think they copped on and had a few guys there telling people to get lost, but I was well happy cause i got a good close picture of Regal and Eugene, and just missed slaughter and jericho.

I would of only loved to of gotten a picture of Jericho, bloody security doing the jobs.

All in all though I thought it was class and Trips, Rhyno and Orton seemed to be really taken back by the chants.

On the thursday as well I seen Johnny Nitro, Conway and Cade walking around town, but didnt get a chance to go up and see them, pitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I thought it was top draw, well the first night anyway..The only thing the WWE cheaped out on was the merchandise..They brought mostly old stock...The Point Depot is a F'in Joke...We need a new arena otherwise i doubt they'll come back...well they will I think, but still it would be alot better to have a bigger crowd. And not having to pay 18 F'in euro for 2 large popcorns and small bottle of coke!

The only disappointment as far as wrestling went was Tyson Tomko v Jericho...One lame ass chair shot doesn't make for a good No Holds barred plus Tomko pure and simple sucked big time!

And the guy who doesn't know who Fit Finlay is major Tut Tut...its not like theres that many "Irish" wrestlers ya know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

It was also a pity about all the kids there... about 4 rows in front of me there was about 6 5 year olds standing on their seats and I couldn't see a F'in thing...had to hurl abuse at them lol...They asked for it...I was at Mania and honest to god I did not notice one child at it!...it was great, I'm sure there were some but couldn't have been too many.

Ohh..I'd like to thank everyone on the first night for ignoring my shouts of Mexican wave, The Fields Of Athenry, He's Not Hardcore and basically everything else..and I'd like to also claim to be the first chanting ECW...it seemed to me as though not too many people recognised Rhyno or Batistas music...Especially Batista as alot of people cheered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Thursday night was seriously twice the show, the sound system was working properly and the crowd was much better.

The wednesday show was def worth going to though for the HHH v HBK match and the Edge v Flair match. It was really funny when edge and flair were exchanging the chops and punches and the crowd were booing and wooing accordingly.

My seats for thursday were spectacular. I was third row balcony over the ramp and to the left. Soon after starting i moved into to spare seats in the first row. I was sitting with all the competition winners or something, everyone around me was wearing VIP badges, bunch of little kids i would have loved 10 seconds alone with them.

The wednesday show in had terrible seats and i went to stand at the back and got a great view. Then some baldy c*nt came over and told me and my mate to sit down (didnt tell anyone else) so about 5 mins later we went back and stood up. I spent the last two matches standing on the seats on the back row.

As i left on wednesday night one thing that was going through my head was there seemed to be a better atmosphere at the last IWW show than most of the WWE show but thursday definately made up for that. It took me two WWE shows to shout myself horse but ony one IWW show.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Nolimits
    Thursday night was seriously twice the show, the sound system was working properly and the crowd was much better.

The wednesday show was def worth going to though for the HHH v HBK match and the Edge v Flair match. It was really funny when edge and flair were exchanging the chops and punches and the crowd were booing and wooing accordingly.

My seats for thursday were spectacular. I was third row balcony over the ramp and to the left. Soon after starting i moved into to spare seats in the first row. I was sitting with all the competition winners or something, everyone around me was wearing VIP badges, bunch of little kids i would have loved 10 seconds alone with them.

The wednesday show in had terrible seats and i went to stand at the back and got a great view. Then some baldy c*nt came over and told me and my mate to sit down (didnt tell anyone else) so about 5 mins later we went back and stood up. I spent the last two matches standing on the seats on the back row.

As i left on wednesday night one thing that was going through my head was there seemed to be a better atmosphere at the last IWW show than most of the WWE show but thursday definately made up for that. It took me two WWE shows to shout myself horse but ony one IWW show.
    Seriously?The balcony over the ramp?I was there too!I was wearing a Matt Hardy T Shirt...Were u with ur sister?Cos some people came and sat next to us and they had there older sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

No i wasnt with my sister....I was wearing a TWC shirt though

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Just a small thing that came back to me, wasn't it great the way that they played ' My Sacrifice' just before the show started and got everyone in the mood??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Originally posted by Nolimits
    bunch of little kids i would have loved 10 seconds alone with them.

ahem.....

:(

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Just a small thing that came back to me, wasn't it great the way that they played ' My Sacrifice' just before the show started and got everyone in the mood??

I don't think they played that on the first night, did they? I remember "Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock coming on, and then just ending abruptly. Welcome to the Jungle was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

Great night indeed. Kane got a huge pop - i don't think he'd have been expecting that. Rhyno also got some great support, he genuinely looked shocked. HBK and Y2J were trying not to smile at Naitch when he came out, because of the huge pop that he got too.
    When did Rosey actually get that superhero costume? or was that the first time anyone had seen it ... bright orange? ouch:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

he wasnt wearing it on Raw the monday before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

yeah, i noticed he wasn't wearing it on RAW. Maybe it's the house show thing, they're probably trying it out there before they put it on tv. He had an orange face mask, and orange and black(i think) body gear. Looked a little weird really, he's too fat for that gimmick if you ask me.

Advertisement