Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: Ireland East constituency (Euro elections)... who would you vote for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

therecklessone,

By "heavy-handed" I meant in terms of writing. I'm not a violent person :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭slartibardfast

eh PaulHughesWH, bonkey didn't ask you that at all, it was therecklessone.

On your comment on indymedia? WTF they're about as *violently* leftist as you can get in this country lol in "terms of writing", maybe try "confirming to personal world view" instead?

Can you not respect that many of us don't want to see(for myriad reasons, maybe look up in a dictionary a word 'reality') a far-right extremist-catholic treated as some *normal* protest vote.
    Couldn't you just write 'DUSTIN 4 PREZ' on the ballot paper and leave the politic forum alone?

More importantly why do you continue to ignore bonkey's question? Twice you have been asked, twice you have gone off on tangents.

Agreed, bonkey. In voting we have political agendas, but starting the thread is a pretty impartial way of going about things.

Anyway, if there is one thing I'm glad of, people are not voting for Fianna Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Looking at this logically, this is the Euro constituecy that could give FF the bloodiest of noses.

2 long time backbenchers, and relative no-bodys.

If there is a protest against FF, then it is possible that if, as predicted McGuinness tops the poll, and has a good bit over the quota, she'll bring in Avril Doyle. Mariead has good cross party appeal, that could probably draw in long time FF farmers into the booth and vote FG.

If you are really hoping for meltdown, watch out for Peter Cassells, he may give Aylward a run, but unlikely. Kirk appeals more to those in Crossmaglen more than Bagnalstown.

So...

2 FG, 1 FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by DMC
    If there is a protest against FF, then it is possible that if, as predicted McGuinness tops the poll, and has a good bit over the quota, she'll bring in Avril Doyle.

I'd dispute this somewhat..

Aylward will top the poll.
    Avril Doyle will need to be ahead of McGuinness, as McGuinness will be more transfer friendly from the eliminated candidates (mainly the Green Vote+ Kirk(FF) who is aslo from the North of the constituency) .
    McGuinness won't be "a good bit over the quota", the first Fine Gael candidate may edge over it when the Green Candidate/2nd Fianna Fail is eleminated.

• Advertisement

I think this is relevant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Victor
    Yes, thats him! But I think you knew that already.

His web page http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~slack/

What a legend! Shame we don't have a chap like him here in South.

Advertisement