Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircon's latest offer ... NOT !

• 28-05-2004 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

"Connect to eircom broadband before 31st August and get a FREE connection (Save €99), a FREE router (save €145) and FREE subscription until 31st August."

Looks fantastic ? Yes, until you ring them ...

A colleague of mine phoned up to avail of this ...
    His line is fully DSL capable etc .. so no problem
    there BUT he has Phonewatch... It seems in order
    to have Broadband installed where Phonewatch is
    in use an Eircon engineer is needed to do some
    tweaking on phonewatch system... In addition, the offer
    above only applies to self install ... When engineer
    is required it costs ... bottom line is that in order
    to get Broadband from Eircom he would be down in effect
    somewhere around ~400 yoyo's, between engineer
    costs and not being able to avail of the offer above ...

Are these people for real ? And its the same bloody
    company that offer both ... aghhhhhhh

I told him to drop Phonewatch, and go with
    another Broadband supplier .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dont drop phonewatch.. its actually a good service i suppose.. However NO engineer is needed for phonewatch unless the phonewatch people made an arse tit of the install in the first place. I have it and IOL BB self install and its all good. I know lots of people with BB and phonewatch.. its fine!! The most that usually happens is when the alarm goes off.. the BB is disconnected as alarm takes over.. Just reconnect it later and its fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So Saruman,

Did you not need to make any modifications at all, to accomodate your phonewatch system? I was under the impression that the BB connection needed to be before the phonewatch connection..

Advertisement