Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Dev1 or need I ask ?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Just recieved a PM from someone with the handle dev1. Is this bubbles up to his old tricks again.

I didn't mind the first one as it was funny but this one is just too much.

Anyone else get one ??

ZEN
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yeah I got it too, read a few lines and gave up.
    It's getting a bit worn out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

There is a fairly high chance that it is bubbles acting the cock again.

Fight the powa Bubba! One day you will reach that rainbow....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Is this bubbles up to his old tricks again.

of course it's bubbles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pretty damn amusing imo, i've even considered siggifying an excerpt about Smithy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I got it as well. Don't these people have real lives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

first time it was funny, now its ****in annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Seriously, is bubbles gay? Or 11 years old? OMG SEX WEE! PENIS! SEX WEE!
    On and on and on about it.

Sounds like a latent homosexual to me.

I had sympathy for him after he sent the first PM out but ffs no one gives a crap about your stupid PM's bubbles, they're not even remotely FUNNY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Wow. He really puts a lot of effort into hating Ecksor, doesn't he? You can't beat coming into work early on a Friday morning, and reading bizarre sexual innuendo, can you? Well, actually, Beruthial probably has to put up with it every morning... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i got it too. some of it was funny. i didnt mind recieving it at all :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I got it aswell. Twas funny for the most part.

Keep up the good work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Well, actually, Beruthial probably has to put up with it every morning... ;)

morning, noon and night Mr. A
    morning, noon and night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got it too.. i thought it was someone who mistook me for someone else so i replied back.. i was also thinking he was someone under an alias. Must be an admin as there is no way he went individually to each person to send a PM. That would be lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

This was the first unsolicited pm i've gotten, and I can't really say it upset/annoyed me tbh. 'Twas fairly funny, and gave me a chuckle at 6 am this morning when I was kinda bored, so I'm all for it so long as I'm not getting them every week. As an occasional thing though, i'm quite happy to receive them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Harmless good natured stuff. Missed the beers myself so entertaining to see a somewhat skewed take on the night.

I'd really like to see the peace made with Bubbles. He's good for the community. No need to fight for the sake of fighting. Can't we all move on from whatever caused the animus in the first place?

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    This was the first unsolicited pm i've gotten, and I can't really say it upset/annoyed me tbh. 'Twas fairly funny, and gave me a chuckle at 6 am this morning when I was kinda bored, so I'm all for it so long as I'm not getting them every week. As an occasional thing though, i'm quite happy to receive them.

Why? They're stupid, immature and not remotely funny. Also, it's probably the fourth unsolicited PM i've received from bubbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

you must be special etho. :D

why aren't you on IRC shazza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I'm fooling myself into thinking that im getting some work done.

Originally posted by SheroN
    you must be special etho. :D

Eh, everyone has received 3 or 4. I think the admins managed to delete one of them though.

ffs i'm reduced to reading eth0's hostile diatribes without you to talk shite to on IRC at 10 in the morning.

Ah realistically. I'd better clean myself up & figure out how in the name of bejayus I spent a zillion quid getting hammered last night,

btw this is much easier over irc.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

would you be ok with *everyone* doing this? What do we do when the next person starts writing "newsletters"? An entire forum to himself wasnt enough for him eh... maybe not enough people were noticing him/it perhaps...

*snore*

DeV.

Originally posted by dod
    ffs i'm reduced to reading eth0's hostile diatribes without you to talk shite to on IRC at 10 in the morning.

What hostile diatribes? Everything I said is true. I defended him when he first got banned, actually. But now I think he's totally dicking around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you take too many angry pills this morning eth0?

I found some amusement in the previous PMs, this one is a bit lame though. This whole grudge against ecksor is getting a bit old...

Originally posted by koneko
    Did you take too many angry pills this morning eth0?

I found some amusement in the previous PMs, this one is a bit lame though. This whole grudge against ecksor is getting a bit old...

I'm not remotely angry. I just think bubbles is acting like a total dick. $0.02

Originally posted by koneko

I don't mind that, but the bizarre sexual fantasies he's documenting involving ecksor and dev are just, well, creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

OMG not another pm that I have to go to the bother of reading and deleting, Does bubbles not know how busy we all are and the amount of disruption his pms are causing ? That said I found the first two funny but I thought the content of this one was a bit too personal .

I suppose as long as he gets a reaction like this thread to them he will continue to send them.

I,m not familiar with the workings of V bulletin but how is a normal user sending Mass pm,s?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

weren't hostile diatribes a punk band ?

I just got my first bubbles spam, and found it much less funny than i had hoped it would be.
    for shame bubbles !

Originally posted by The Muppet

I,m not familiar with the workings of V bulletin but how is a normal user sending Mass pm,s?

I *think* you can write scripts to use with Vbulletin, wasn't there a normal user who wrote something that deleted all his posts after x amount of time so as to make the thread look really out of context?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There's an Irish metal band called Diatribe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I don't get it. If Bubbles was at the boards beers, why didn't you's just beat him up, and break all his fingers in the process.

There'd be no more stupid PMs then :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement