Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone play their xbox on a PC monitor?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I've looked around xbox scene but can't find the perfect solution. I remember reading a thread where you could do a mod to the cable and input the signal to a VGA (PC) monitor.

Twould be a handy feature if it worked well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Well, if you have a TV-in on your graphics card you could do it much easier that way.
    Have you looked at this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

read through the thread.

don't have tv-in on my card.

i did find this though. but not sure if it works on European xboxsess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i have a thing i have in the house for this and its for sale if you want it..

cost me €120 from peats and you can play whatever you want through it onto your monitor

dvd player/video player/tv/xbox/ps2 etc etc..

ill post a pic up of it tonight of what it looks like if you want

its yours if you want to buy it to, still in perfect condition as i only used it a handful of times really

the max res on it is 1024x768 though, but means you can change your xbox res to the above ^

yup interested. pm'ing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

• Advertisement

that's a sweet link, thanks. i wonder about shipping and customs charges etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by quarryman
    i wonder about shipping and customs charges etc.....

Free worldwide shipping, and it should pass customs undeterred.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I use a Solarism 15" LCD panel that has S-Video and 2 composite inputs as well as VGA in. It works pretty well :)

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by quarryman
    that's a sweet link, thanks. i wonder about shipping and customs charges etc.....

dope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

You'll only get the XBox to output a proper VGA signal with games that have Progressive Scan as a feature, and then you'll probably have to use an adaptor to convert the component signal into VGA, which is just a simple little box, I think. That will be VGA quality.

For other games you could use the XRGB-2 but it's $180. Be careful though, because without the aid of the XRGB-2, non-progressive scan games will probably look crap through those VGA boxes.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    dope!

no thanks. i don't even smoke.

Advertisement