Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Settings for Eircom line

Options
  • 28-05-2004 11:49am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got myself a phone that will send txt messages from ti much like one of those fancy eircom phones that there selling
    what are the outgoing and incoming numbers I need for the settings in order to get it working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

It may be on the booklet

But I set mine up not to long ago and I didnt have to put any numbers to set the phone up for texts. it just worked

if your still in doubt call 1901

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You may need to ask Eircom to enable SMS on your line as well.

Try this page for numbers:
    Text messaging is available to all phone lines on the fixed as well as mobile networks. Text messages sent to fixed line phones are either displayed on the phone or read to the customer using a text to speech server.

The fixed network SMS centre numbers are 17409900 (outgoing) and 0818365135 (incoming). These SMSC codes are normally pre-programmed into SMS capable phones purchased in Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

thanks fatherdougalmag, i'll see if i can get it working

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

Heading in a different direction but....

Is it possible to set up your PC to send SMS via the phone connection??? (using the above mentioned SMS numbers??))

Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Heh, was just thinking similar, and are eircom charging for sms yet, I heard a while back it was free for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

If you've got a suitable modem/ISDN adapter and software it can be done. Just a matter of looking for software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

You don't need to call eircom to set up sms for you. Once you send one from the phone they realise you have an sms phone and no longer send sms's to your eircom call answering service (the mailbox you call 171 for), but straight to your sms phone.
    Clever, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

asterisk on linux (www.asterisk.org) is the only software i know that is compatible with the landline SMS ETSI ES 201 912 protocol, it uses FSK as the transmit protocol (or some minor variant of it). Interesting how it works for recieve, your dect (or other sms phone) look for the caller ID of the sms centre on incoming calls, if it sees it it picks up straight away and negotiates to recieve the sms, they use FSK to make it as quick as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

Those numbers above don't work for me.. We bought our fone in Co. Doire and isn't programmed yet for Eircom settings? You need a
    Service Centr.1 and
    Service Centr.2 number.

Anyone got a SMS enabled home fone who could check?

Advertisement