Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to buy a pc online?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I need a new PC and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a site with good service etc. that will deliver to Ireland? If it can be customised on the site that's all the better. I know I could build it myself etc. but I really couldn't be arsed.

I'll probably get a monitor from jes-computer.de so I only need the box unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Komplett are selling a range of 3 different full PC's sans monitor. Don't think they customise them.

Elara also do the same I think.

Or if you've got loadsa money, Alienware - made in athlone, apparently they let you pick them up yourself if you want to save on the delivery cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Komplett ones aren't powerful enough, Elara are too expensive, and Alienware are ridiculously expensive :)

This PC from jes looks good, another 650ish for a 19" flat panel monitor, and I've got what I'm looking for for nearly 1000 Euro less than what Dell want to charge me.

Are HP Pavilion PCs known to be crap or is there anything else wrong with them? :)

(edit) on further examination I can get that PC, a 19" TFT and another 1 gig of RAM for a total of 1770 off that site, versus the 2380 Dell want (/edit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The PC for €899 is a far better performer if you can stretch a little further. The AMD64 3200+ is a big ammount faster in almost everything than the XP3200+ especially games. The GFX card is also better, the DVD writer is better, it comes with a free Far cry game also...........

I personally find jes pretty good and havent had the slightest problem with them. Delivery takes 4-7 days (for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

A: If i were you i'd knock the 256mb AGP card and up the system RAM to 1024. That Jes.de computer, that is sweet. Pity it doesnt havea monitor and stuff with it (that i can see, cant read german)

B: Shouldnt this be in the technology board, i thought there was a thing in the charter for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Shouldnt this be in the technology board, i thought there was a thing in the charter for this

Well the HW forum is completely welcome with PC spec's and any hardware advise............ i better change the rules a little. Every one is welcome to ask about any hardware devise, any hardware mod, any compatability issue, any price comparison ........... on this forum. IMO this forum is about HW so anything HW goes.......... and will not be removed!! Col_Loki

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The deal in Aldi looked ok...

Advertisement