Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I failed my test

Options
  • 28-05-2004 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

i just failed my (1st) bike test...I got 12 blue faults cos I was so bloody nervous! I know loads of people fail their first test and I have the page to tell me what I need to work on but I still feel like CRAP :(:(:(:(
    Should I apply again straight away - I'd get the next test in about a month but if I fail I would have wasted all the money for more lessons....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Do it again as soon as you can. What were your faults for?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by tk123
    I'd get the next test in about a month but if I fail I would have wasted all the money for more lessons....
    How would you manage to get it so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

if I fail I would have wasted all the money for more lessons

tbh lessons are never wasted money, they help you get in the mindset you need for a test situation, and you can get direct feedback on what you're not doing correctly*

*in a test environment, the test itself is a little unrealistic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Failure is in itself a learning curve. Get some lessons, reapply for the test and at least try not to be so nervous. There really isn't any need to be so nervous anyway, it's not as if taking the driving test is a once in a lifetime thing or will change your life in any great way.

Get out there yourself and give yourself a habit of stopping correctly with the correct foot on the ground, practice driving exactly the way they want to see you do it. Practice the hill starts and 180 degree turns.

You will pass the test, you just need to kill the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

thanks everyone...I'm going to apply again online now.....my position was wrong a few times- i knew that....there was a truck on one side of the road so there was a guy standing in the road...I think I got failure to proceed there cos it was a bit unclear - i didnt know what yer man was up to until he started directing the traffic...I thought I was going to fail so after having a few hours to relax I know its not the end of the world and now I know what I need to work on....

• Advertisement
Advertisement